corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » (ICE) Stereo keeps cutts out.........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author (ICE) Stereo keeps cutts out.........
sri_tastic

User status: Offline
28th Aug 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my mates golf the headunit he has keeps cutting out then comes back on again. iv had a look at it and found out that the barrel on his ignitition is a bit loose hence when you move it the power cuts off turnming the stereo off. Does anyone know if instead of replacing the ignition it is possible to run a live wire for the stereo from the battery so it will have a constatnt supply of electric??? cheers
3CorsaMeal

28th Aug 03 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah u can have it wired to the constant power, mine is like that instead of connected to the ignition
sri_tastic

28th Aug 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did that cost much money to do mate, where did yo get it done? isee your in essex im in billericay so can travell if you can recommend somewhere unless its ease to do it yourself??
3CorsaMeal

28th Aug 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easy to do on Vauxhalls, u just need to know the wires, i joined the red & yellow from headunit to the live from car.
Bart

28th Aug 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is the red and yellow wires.
just make sure your red and yellow wires are connected and whalla!

New Poll