corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Abroad.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving Abroad.
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
30th Aug 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How old do you have to be to drive abroad? I.e france? I always thought it was 21 or something but other people think it depends on the laws of the country you will be driving in.

Cybermonkey

30th Aug 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the laws in the country you drive in.
the_legend_of_yrag

30th Aug 03 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okey, so you know the laws in france?
Gareth.O

30th Aug 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove to paris when I was 18, 2 weeks after I passed my driving test!

When I contacted insurance to let them know, they didn't say anything about not being able to drive
Kris TD

30th Aug 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to be 18 too drive in france, plus u must carry all documents and a complete set of bulbs at all time.
Kris TD

30th Aug 03 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although my damn car wont go on the sea cat or the ferry so it fucks me if i want too go too our house in france
the_legend_of_yrag

30th Aug 03 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahha ill be off to france in december/january then
Cybermonkey

31st Aug 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read up on the stuff you need. carry ALL documents, insurance, license etc etc,

Motorways: 80mph (130 kph).
On urban stretches 68mph (110kph) and 49mph (80kph) on the Paris ring Road.
Dual carriageways: 68mph (110kph).
Outside built-up areas 55mph (90kph).
Built-up areas 31mph (50kph).
In wet weather, lower limits apply -
49mph (80kph) outside built-up areas,
62mph (100kph) on dual carriageways
and 68mph (110kph) on motorways.
These lower limits apply at all times to drivers who have held a licence for less than 2 years.

Driving with dipped headlights is compulsory in poor visibility, so don't leave the UK without buying a pair of headlight beam adjusters. You should also take a complete kit of spare bulbs and a red hazard warning triangle.

Motorways/Autoroutes
France has more than 8000 kilometres of motorways (freeways) of which most are toll roads — autoroutes des péages. These are split up into eight privately owned networks funded by tolls collected as vehicles enter and leave. Compared to the congestion common in the UK, the French autoroutes are excellently maintained and allow high average travelling speeds. The speed limit is 130km/h (80mph; 110km/h when wet). For more information click here!
Autoroutes Toll Payments
Tickets are issued at the start of each motorway network. Payments are calculated on the distance travelled and are paid when leaving the motorway, or motorway network. Payments at the péages (toll gates) can be made by all major credit cards. A journey from Calais to the south of France will cost around £50, one way. For short journeys it's worth keeping handy plenty of small change for making payments if you don't want to use your credit card. Payments vary depending on the type of vehicle driven, with different price bands for: cars, vans, cars with trailers, lorries and motorbikes. Here's where you'll find a detailed guide to Autoroute tolls.

Route Nationales
If you're on a limited budget and not in too much of a hurry, France has an excellent network of trunk roads, the N-denoted routes nationales

Clive

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving Abroad. 23 database queries in 0.2547550 seconds