corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would win between...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would win between...?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
4th Nov 03 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my Corsa B 1.2 16v Sxi (probably 75 bhp) - and a 2002 new style clio 1.2 16v also 75 bhp?

this is talking straight line race - since I have uprated suspension and would cain him round the bends.

Paul J
Colin

4th Nov 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa lighter I think
MattyB

4th Nov 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
this is talking straight line race - since I have uprated suspension and would cain him round the bends.

Paul J

you'd be suprized. my mates brand new clio handles excellently, for wot is a standard, low powered hatch.

Corsas handle absolutely shit, and the one 3 different corsas i have been in with uprated suspension, were still sloppy. Even when mine was -40 with an apex kit with strut brace and 15"x7" rims, was still poor.

The clio's chassis was alot more refined.

Matt
Makarus

4th Nov 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are both around 13 seconds 0-60. So it should be pretty even, try it and see how it goes, well timed gear changes and quick reactions will help also.

About the lowering, how low are you??

I have mine dropped 60mm on Pi 30% uprated shocks, and GMax springs. Handles like a dream, not sloppy at all, stiff and full of grip. So you must have just done something wrong MattyB, I love the way mine handles now.
monstR

4th Nov 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you be able to tell the difference then in straight line? can only be minimal when talking 75bhp.

My corsa handles sh*t hot on coil overs and 6x14" rims! (well not at the mo the engines dead!)
Ridout

4th Nov 03 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon the clio would win
vc07

4th Nov 03 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa b standard is actually 65bhp but the new clios aint that quick.... mitthey mite hav 75bhp but it doesn't show in them.....you should beat hm easily m8...
Makarus

4th Nov 03 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but the 1.2 16v came in 2 variations didnt it, the 65bhp model and the 75bhp model?? The SXi was 75bhp was it not??
Paul_J

4th Nov 03 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been confirmed by several people who have had their car's Rolling roaded that its 75 bhp.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would win between...? 22 database queries in 0.0730669 seconds