corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wet doors!:s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wet doors!:s
brezzecorsa

User status: Offline
9th Nov 03 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was about 2 upgrade my front door speakers 2 infinity jobbies when i noticed the back of the speaker i was takin out was wet:s this worried me! is this a problem surely water and electrical stuff dont mix! i'm gonna hav 2 make some adaptors as well coz the new speakers are a bit smaller! smaller! plz help! oh and not 2 waist space i've got some tweeters is it ok 2 mount them by the door handle behind that grill? will they fit?
Dom

9th Nov 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just got one door fitted using the 5000cs's (infinity's) and there abit of a git to get in (on a Corsa B). Yea im abit worried about the water, but you cant really do anything about it can ya....u could try wraping them in plastic, but it will cause them to sound abit weird. As for the tweeters, you r not going to get them behind the grill, although you could glue the gray holder in missing out the surface mount and then you might beable to.
As for the adaptors, go down to your local ICE or halfords and pick up some autolead 13cm (?) jobbies.

Anyways hope it all goes well mate
Dom
brezzecorsa

10th Nov 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought about puttin a bit of sealant on the terminals? not sure though? how much are the adaptor plates? as for the tweeters there only tiny fings! there is also grill fings by the wing mirror mover fing!
Dom

11th Nov 03 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i suppose sealant wouldnt hurt, although max sure there isnt any metal bits in it Although ive wacked sum electrical tape around my contacts on the 5".
As for the adaptors, for my 5" ones i paid 13 squid from halfords, although according to the box there was suppose to be adaptor leads and other bits but nevermind.
And the tweeters, well mine are tiny, but once you've got them in the holder and in the mount (surface etc) then they become right gits. Me and my old man was trying to find away to get them behind the grill, but it would have meant either drilling into the metal work to secure the bolt on the back or saw the bolt off and glue them it. If your in a dodgy area it might be worth doing, since they wont show up as much behind a the standard grill wheres mine stand out like sore thumbs

Dom

New Poll