corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » causing unecessary obstruction

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author causing unecessary obstruction
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
19th Nov 03 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a ticket for this off a tw&t of a pig earlier. Was parked on a pavement that is never used as a pavement as a) there is a proper pavement the other side of the road b) this pavement leads nowhere c) it was covered in leaves and overhanging trees making it unusable. My car was half on half off this pavement. I could of parked it completely off this pavement as there were no double yellow lines, however i thought that my car would be more likely to get hit and cause traffic to slow down to avoid my legally parked car. I said this to the officer at the time he ignored my comments and went on to give me a 30quid ticket. I said i had only left the car for a few mins and would move it now, but he still carried on. The policeman showed no common sense and in anyones eyes my car was not causing an unecessary obstruction. arsehole. im gonna appeal this defo. to make it worse there was car behind me with a disabled badge, needless to say he didnt get a ticket.
LScorsa

19th Nov 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats abit rough, like u said if u were parked on the road it would of been more of an obstruction. And ive got nothing against disabled BUT they get away with everything- car park tickets, full price cars and they get the best spaces! lol
Craig6682

19th Nov 03 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LScorsa
Thats abit rough, like u said if u were parked on the road it would of been more of an obstruction. And ive got nothing against disabled BUT they get away with everything- car park tickets, full price cars and they get the best spaces! lol

They get free parking too!!!
Kris TD

19th Nov 03 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u left less that 1m of space on the pavement then i beleive you were parking illegally and he was right to book you.
koolkorsa

19th Nov 03 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1m rule is it? anymore info on that, because there was more than that defo.
Makarus

19th Nov 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an arse aint it, I was lucky the other day. Parked my car outside the entrance to the building site, lorry came to deliver some shit so moved my car.

Where I put it was in the entrance to an old drive that is no longer used as there is now a fence there. Double yellows on the round so I was in effect in line with the pavement but not actually on it as I was in the mouth of a dissused drive. They were giving me a ticket as my mate noticed so I ran over and shifted my car, they were decent with me because I explained the situation and didnt give me the ticket as long as it was moved. Couldnt be arsed to fight it, they were being decent with me, but as far as I was concerned I was in the right because the drive would be classed as private propety.
dannycorsa c

19th Nov 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can park on a pavemet aslong as there is a big enough gap for say a pram to get thru with no problem! so 1m sounds right! appeal away!
koolkorsa

19th Nov 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody got some links to relevant legislation on this 1m rule?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » causing unecessary obstruction 22 database queries in 0.0101788 seconds