corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PiperX Vipers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PiperX Vipers
Daimo B

User status: Offline
8th Dec 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, picked one up a couple of weeks ago for an XE for a great price of £70. Took a bit of work but it went in eventually (had to cut it down to size). The car broke down the day i picked it up so this is the first chance i've had to take it out with the new filter. Response?

Idles dropped down to 1k rpm instead of 1100-1200rpm (too high).
Petrol consumptions got much much better. Another 20+ miles to £15!!
Doesn't fell jumpy or stuttery when cold anymore, revs smooth still
Power delivery is sooo much smoother, smoothest its been, jsut like a standard airbox
It pulls up to and past 6500rpm where-as the old induction kit made the engine sound like it was struggling at that rpm
It feels faster, it really does seem like the car just pulls and pulls so much better than before
And its quieter, much much better, doesn't sound like the engines getting a hammering.

So, all in all, £70 and its got to be the best performance modification i've bought (bar the whole engine lol), it really has made that much of a performance difference.

SO 2.0 owners, if ur having problems with an induction kit and can't afford the TB route yet, its a great alternative and gets the big from me

[Edited on 08-12-2003 by Daimo B]
Kerry

8th Dec 03 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with all of the above
Tim
Site Administrator

8th Dec 03 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll ask Santa
Kerry

8th Dec 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to laff but someone on hear was slaggin them off sayin his mate had one and he said they was crap... then i asked wot engine and he said 1.2

it is definitely a performance filter for performance engines. no disrespect to 1.2 boys but u aint gonna gain any power that aint ther in the first place so in ure case save ure money

not a bad deal though £70
Scott

8th Dec 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree , a foam filter will do nothing apart from make noise on a 2.0 oh and drink the petrol
vibrio
Banned

8th Dec 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason it makes the car idle better is due ot the pressure frop you get with a cone filter. however I dou't in real driving it makes much difference. also the carbon fibre heats up and that takes a while to lose the heat. for £70 you can't argue though. spending £250 on one os a waste of cash
Kerry

8th Dec 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those that are tempted they are on offer today only at pvd

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=106613
vibrio
Banned

8th Dec 03 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
i have to laff but someone on hear was slaggin them off sayin his mate had one and he said they was crap... then i asked wot engine and he said 1.2

it is definitely a performance filter for performance engines. no disrespect to 1.2 boys but u aint gonna gain any power that aint ther in the first place so in ure case save ure money

not a bad deal though £70

no disrepect to you kerry you only gain power from losing restrition with an airfilter. it don;t matter what kind of engine you have if the restriction is big you'll get a bigger gain
Daimo B

8th Dec 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
the reason it makes the car idle better is due ot the pressure frop you get with a cone filter. however I dou't in real driving it makes much difference. also the carbon fibre heats up and that takes a while to lose the heat. for £70 you can't argue though. spending £250 on one os a waste of cash

I can assure you the car drives now the best it has ever driven. POwer is very very smooth, doesn't jump or stutter, just put ur foot down and it picks up and goes. It drives better when cold, when driving under normal conditions, speed limits etc, and also when ur really giving it some.

Would not spend that kinda money myself on an uprated airfilter, but £70 is great (Normal airfilter costs).

Very impressed and very pleased. The car now feels like it would in a standard astra/cav but it just seems to go like shit of a shovel. RPM picks up much quicker too.
Sooty
Banned

8th Dec 03 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am itching to get rid of my cone filter at the moment, it came already on the car... although it sounds pretty nice, im sure its sapping the life and fuel out of my car... going for a sealed BMC unit over Xmas
bazgooch

8th Dec 03 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I changed the filter on my Civic from an HKS spf to a viper an the difference was awsome, especially in V-tec
vibrio
Banned

8th Dec 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just remember that these filters are really gimiky and a waste of cash.
bazgooch

8th Dec 03 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just remember that these filters are really gimiky and a waste of cash.

I got mine free

But they really do work well
Daimo B

8th Dec 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would disagree, that viper has made all the diferences i was hoping for + more. Still doesn't warrent £250 though.

Baz, cheers for the green But thats sitting on the floor now, u said to Donna it would make the 2.0 run like sh1t, and ur 100% right, it did. I even think it was for the LET too Still, it got my through
Joff

8th Dec 03 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Viper has all the benefits of a traditional induction kit with none of the associated problems of hot air.

Hardly a gimmick!
Donna Corsa GSi

8th Dec 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am really impressed with it too. I don't even have to drive the car to notice the difference. I hate induction kits but the Viper has definately got my vote If anyones considering buying one, they should seriously take advantage of PVDs offer today
Kerry

8th Dec 03 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Donna Corsa GSi
If anyones considering buying one, they should seriously take advantage of PVDs offer today

anyone would think we are on payroll donna
vibrio
Banned

8th Dec 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
The Viper has all the benefits of a traditional induction kit with none of the associated problems of hot air.

Hardly a gimmick!

there are are not as free flowing as an open air filter and the carbon heats up. they also restrict boost on turbo cars compared to an open filter
Donna Corsa GSi

8th Dec 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
quote:
Originally posted by Donna Corsa GSi
If anyones considering buying one, they should seriously take advantage of PVDs offer today

anyone would think we are on payroll donna

I run the payroll if that counts and the accounts and anything else like Baz's little helper and burger lady. I might as well be on the payroll in fact
Paul H

8th Dec 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read about it here
here you go

[Edited on 08-12-2003 by chewbaccaman]
Daimo B

8th Dec 03 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Hardly a gimmick!

there are are not as free flowing as an open air filter and the carbon heats up. they also restrict boost on turbo cars compared to an open filter

I thought sealed units were supposed to be better for NA engines? Vauxhall engines work terrible on induction kits, but work very very well with modifed airboxes hence the big power claims that PiperX give for the Vauxhall engines.
Joff

8th Dec 03 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're AS free-flowing as any comparable foam filter. The sealed unit doesn't affect the flow rate, only the source of the air - if the cold air feed is correctly located then you'd expect to take in more air than with an open induction kit alone, but without the atmospheric hot air.
vibrio
Banned

8th Dec 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They're AS free-flowing as any comparable foam filter. The sealed unit doesn't affect the flow rate, only the source of the air - if the cold air feed is correctly located then you'd expect to take in more air than with an open induction kit alone, but without the atmospheric hot air.

no they are not joff do I have to arse rape you again
Joff

8th Dec 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that would help you understand you are wrong, then yes.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PiperX Vipers 22 database queries in 0.0126069 seconds