corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Few questions about C20XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few questions about C20XE
PaulW

User status: Offline
   23rd Dec 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Canae be arsed going on mig, its shite & slow

ok...

If I was to rebore a C20XE to 2.1, fit some 88mm(i think) QED or Omega pistons, some sort of cam (unsure as to what sort), 4-2-1 manifold, maybe a little head work (more than likely not), and a sealed induction kit, would I need to fiddle with the ECU, or get it re-mapped?? will be like that for a while until i can be arsed payin for some TB's & decent management system or something

I'm guessing i'd be looking at around 165bhp with those mods
Cybermonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to get the most from this, a properly mapped setup is always ideal for a car enthusiast. Standard 1.6 corsa with properly setup engine management would see big increases in power and torque with no other modifications. Adjusting fuelling to make the most from the engine makes an incredible difference on the road
miles

23rd Dec 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what the spec of the cams are. If they are fairly lame then it will run on std management, a remap would improve it, but it depends how long til you get the tb set up as to whether its worth the cost.

A set up with decent pistons etc would be completly wasted without tb's.
luca2020

23rd Dec 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes u would need to get it mapped, it would still run without being mapped, but whats the point of having a shit set up when uve spent so much money on it
Cybermonkey

23rd Dec 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, my point was that the standard map with standard ECU is there for maximum fuel economy, and precious power is being lost because of it. Would it be worth the cost of decent MBE management with standard engine?
miles

23rd Dec 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at the group n kits on sbd's site.
big eck

23rd Dec 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should get more than 165bhp m8 AK's XE got 164bhp and his is basically standard.
PaulW

23rd Dec 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well wasn't sure what i'd be lookin at so thought i'd just keep my hopes a bit low so don't get dissapointed!

Thinking about it I can understand why a decent setup will bring good improvements, as would help to sort out the fueling, and so-on, so help alot.

still not sure which cams would match up ok though, don't want an overly wild profile, want it to run smooth enough, good midrange torque & good power aswell, but still have a bit of grunt low down the rev range.
PaulW

23rd Dec 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MBE941
The 941 range of ECU's are similar to the 956 ECU's but have far more inputs & outputs, they can run 4 cylinders grouped or sequentially, 4 cylinders grouped with phase able upper & lower injectors, it can run V6 & V8 engine & turbo engines. It is possible to control the radiator fan, control the alternator, and launch control, power shift, traction control (on a sequential gearbox), gear change light & many more. The inputs are as the 956E with the addition of barometric pressure, boost pressure to name a few. The 941 can be set up in may different ways control lots of extra accessories. The important things that should be taken into consideration when choosing the extras you may wish to control is that the more you add this will increase complexity of the loom & its cost also setting up time take longer also increasing cost.
Dave

23rd Dec 03 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look at the DTA engine management, QED have a bit about it on their site. Launch control and full throttle gear changes
PaulW

23rd Dec 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no prices on the QED site guess its a case of emailing/phoning them up!

Q38H kit looks quite nice
PaulW

23rd Dec 03 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say it be easy enough to fit the kit myself?
miles

24th Dec 03 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the loom you get with it. If its already made for your engine and car then it would just be plug and play, with a few connections for power, tacho etc.

You'll then need a rolling road set up to get the most out of it, cost about £200-300 depending on who does it.

Standard management probably wont like the raised compression from pistons. TBH if your keeping the spec fairly mild, with mild cams then the standard mahle forged pistons are fine.

New Poll