corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with ECU error codes needed!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with ECU error codes needed!
jonathanbrook

User status: Offline
   6th Jan 04 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im still having problems with my Corsa B 1.2 8v SPI when its damp/raining.

At last Ive managed to keep the problem 'going' for long enough to keep the ECU light on long enough to log the fault by keeping the car spluttering as it misfires. It misses badly (and subsequently kangaroos) but sometimes will sort itself out and the light will go off. Sometimes you have to turn off the ignition and restart.

In fact I've logged codes twice and reset the ECU in between by disconnecting the battery...

First time
Code 64 - Amplifier control signal, cylinders 1 and 4 (Direct Ignition System (DIS)) Low voltage.

Second time
Code 19 - Crank Angle Sensor (CAS) Incorrect RPM signal AND
Code 64 - Amplifier control signal, cylinders 1 and 4 (Direct Ignition System (DIS)) Low voltage.

What I've done already is replace the DIS unit itself with a brand new one and this has made the problem slightly better. Ive also replaced the leads and plugs and sprayed the whole lot with ignition sealant.

Ive also cleaned the two electronic modules (that look like they are attached to the DIS) that are attached to a tin bracket on the left had wheel arch and even temporarily relocated them up by the battery so they are higher up and less likely to get wet. See here

Its really unpredicatable as I drove for 20 or so miles in the wet on the motorway yesterday and it was fine until after id passed through the rain but the car would have still been wet. And today, it did it without even moving - just revving on the drive caused it to happen after a night of rain. If it is damp you can 'avoid' the misfiring and the ECU light coming on by keeping the revs very flat by changing up through the gears quickly and avoiding fast acceleration.

Question is...
What to do next? What have I missed? What else could it be? Shall I clean/replace the crank sensor?

Any input will be greatly appreciated! Cheers

[Edited on 06-01-2004 by jonathanbrook]
DP.

6th Jan 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things worth checking:

-= Your Earths... make sure you have good earth connections
-= Check cables on the loom, from the plug into the DIS check for sharp kinks or splits in the wires.
-= Are you getting a prominant spark from all 4 plugs?

Kerry

6th Jan 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this may be a long shot but i had an astra sxi a few years back and it had a missfire that caused it to flame when it felt like it

i had it on diagnostics and everything and even ended up changin the head

would u believe in the end it was the fuse box that was at fault as some of the connections had gone green (car was stood stil a while before i got it) and i stripped it all down cleaned it up with some wire wool and never had the problem again

that code is for the dis pack and if u say u have replaced it its got to be an electrical problem surely
jonathanbrook

6th Jan 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DP.
Things worth checking:

-= Your Earths... make sure you have good earth connections
-= Check cables on the loom, from the plug into the DIS check for sharp kinks or splits in the wires.
-= Are you getting a prominant spark from all 4 plugs?

How do I check the earths? Where are the earth points?
I'll look over the loom but it gets so bloody dark so early...
I would imagine the sparks are good on all four plugs (when they get the required voltage) because its fine in the dry?

Cheers

New Poll