corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PMSL

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PMSL
M2RTY

User status: Offline
6th Jan 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local boy has 'ad' enough of his specs
WHEN 12 year-old-Jake Thompson collected his new pair of glasses from a local independent optician, he didn't expect to keep hearing the TV ad 'Should have gone to Specsavers!'

However, after friends saw Jake's new specs, which had thick black frames, they joked that the ad was true. This prompted Jake, from Hurworth, to write to his local Specsavers store and let them know that he was not impressed with the popular TV ad.

When the director at Specsavers in Darlington, Gery Learmont, received the letter, he decided to help out and invited Jake to the High Row store to pick out some new frames.

Jake says: 'I really liked my other glasses. I think it was because they had such thick frames that my friends kept chanting the Specsavers advert at me and I just got really fed up of it.

'After I'd written to Specsavers, I was really pleased to get a reply from Gery inviting me to the store. He helped me pick out some new pairs of specs which I wear most of the time now - and my friends don't laugh any more!'

Gery comments: 'Jake's specs were actually very trendy and were a style that's very popular with young adults. However, because he was so sick of his friends teasing, we sorted him out with some less distinct frames, as well as some prescription sunglasses.

'Here at Specsavers, we have a huge range of frames for children and young people, and they're all free with an NHS voucher. There's no need for kids to be unhappy wearing specs - they're now a very trendy accessory
Adam-D

6th Jan 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thank you
i have trendy specs £155 for frames taint cheap
Jason Iles

6th Jan 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My specs cost £350
Jason Iles

6th Jan 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phil321

6th Jan 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well mine cost £2 million so ner ner!

Bloody show offs!
l33t corsa

6th Jan 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao... I need to find this Jake character.
M2RTY

6th Jan 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there cant be too many jakes from hurworth with 2 sets of glasses lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PMSL 22 database queries in 0.1245930 seconds