corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wheel cyllinders

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wheel cyllinders
stuarty

User status: Offline
17th Jan 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else had trouble gettin these baad boys off there corsa? wass gonna fit new drums,cylinders,and shoes the day but the cylinders are goin no where as the bolts are all ceased. any tips? av been advised to heat them or clamps them and hammering away at them but a didnae want to fcuk things up
mattyboy199

17th Jan 04 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try releasing the hand brake first
stuarty

17th Jan 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first thing a done m8, its no hapennin so its garage fees for me!!!
AJBek

18th Jan 04 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are tight mate. Even with the bolts undone you really have to hit them hard with a hammer to shift them. The pipe union is also a nightmare. I had to use mole grips on mine. Still it is possible to move them if you use enough force, just be careful not to damage the backplate.
Adam-D

18th Jan 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the proper open ended spanner
and soak wd40 on it overnight
itll come off with the right tool
AJBek

18th Jan 04 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the proper brake pipe spanner helps. Unfortunately even with it the union nut rounded hence the reluctant use of mole grips. You might be luckier than me however.

New Poll