corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » html/javascript help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author html/javascript help
Dom

User status: Offline
   30th Jan 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

howdies all,

im putting a dynamic HTML menu on my newly designed website and the menu is lined up using the properties - top and left, so top is the number of pixels from the top of the browser screen and left is the number of pixels from the left side of the browser. Now my website uses a graphical background that is aligned centre in the viewers browser and the same goes for the menu box, and i want the DHTML menu to align up to the menu box. However, because of people using different resolutions and browsers and other factors, the menu doesnt realise this and doesnt take it into account, so the menu ends up being positioned wrongy and not following the menu box.

So basically, i need a way to find the position, in terms of top and left within the menu box. Ive tried putting a <layer> tag in the menu box (a table basically) and getting the top property but it isnt happening nor is using other components, such as images, textboxes etc

So has anyone got any ideas? the only other option i have is to scrap the DHTML menu and design something myself, but thats the last option.

anyways cheers all
Dom
Tim
Site Administrator

30th Jan 04 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't set positions based on browser. Set them relative to the object on the screen and write some get coordinate functions to return this based on the current screen... lots of examples on dhtmlcentral.com
Dom

30th Jan 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
thats what i was trying to do, set the menu to a table on the webpage, so when the table moves (due to screen resolutions, browser window resizing etc) the menu moves with it but cheers for the link will have a look at the site,
Dom
ed

30th Jan 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use %'s instead?
Dom

30th Jan 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ nah mate, its physical placement of the menu on the screen But ive gone with another menu system now. Not as fancy, but i can place it within a table and is pretty fast to load etc
cheers anyways all
PaulW

30th Jan 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

menu i've got on the school site is nowt like that

its complete cak hehe

but its what they want tho so canae really do owt fancy

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » html/javascript help 22 database queries in 0.0078700 seconds