corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bodyshop people help needed with compressors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bodyshop people help needed with compressors
Born_corsa02

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 04 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm lookin to buy a compressor for doin some bits on my car wot sort of cfm shuld i be look for constant Psi HP of motor etc. all help is mos appreciated

Cheers
Chris
Born_corsa02

3rd Feb 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also should i be lookin at one with a big tank or say two smaller tanks

Kris TD

3rd Feb 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat sorta size you been looking at?

a 25/30 litre tank will be perfectly good for anyone other than professionals.

basically it depends how much your spraying at once, i very much doubt you would do more than one panel at once. the bigger the tank just meens you can spray for longer without the airrunning out temporoly
wolfie

3rd Feb 04 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also you got to look at cmf or some thing similar, the amount of air the tools use when running, my compressor gives out enough air to run tools for 30 sec's every min.
Born_corsa02

3rd Feb 04 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 14L twin tank one with 2hp and 32cfm and a 30l big tank one with 3hp and 14cfm
Born_corsa02

3rd Feb 04 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Colour-Tec Coachworks

4th Feb 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tank size isnt really important, its more whether or not the motor can keep up with the demand of the air tool. Obviously the bigger the reciever(tank) the less it will need to charge and also the bigger the, but a smaller motor will run constantly to keep up... where as if you have a big tank and big motor, you will be able to spray longer without the the motor cutting in constantly... and when it does cut in, it will chrage quickly becuase it has more power.
I dont think it would be possible for a compressor of only 2hp to produce 32cfm. We just bought a compressor that produces 64 and it cost 8 grand
-Aliba-

4th Feb 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Born_corsa02
a 14L twin tank one with 2hp and 32cfm and a 30l big tank one with 3hp and 14cfm

I also found this amusing
Rich S

4th Feb 04 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a screw compresor which pushes out 50cfm and that cost a small fortune. However we have a 3hp one wih a 200ltr tank that can be sold if your interested pushing 14.8cfm, if your interested u2u me
Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bodyshop people help needed with compressors 22 database queries in 0.0142639 seconds