corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » has anyone done a PhD?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has anyone done a PhD?
cdcool1

User status: Offline
8th Feb 04 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the moment i'm doing BEng/MEng degree, and i'm not sure what to do afterwards, i've noticed that a lot of employees mainly ask for a degree plus X amount of years experience. I would like to go intoa job after my degree, but i'm not sure if it will be more beneficial to stay and do a PhD?
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 04 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PhD helpfull for me. can't get beyond my level without one.
Colin

8th Feb 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cdcool1
At the moment i'm doing BEng/MEng degree, and i'm not sure what to do afterwards, i've noticed that a lot of employees mainly ask for a degree plus X amount of years experience. I would like to go intoa job after my degree, but i'm not sure if it will be more beneficial to stay and do a PhD?

Try and get in with a company that will sponsor you to do one
cdcool1

8th Feb 04 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you go about funding for a PhD? does the university help with funding? or LEA? or do you have to find a sponsor?
vibrio
Banned

8th Feb 04 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cdcool1
how do you go about funding for a PhD? does the university help with funding? or LEA? or do you have to find a sponsor?

a supervisor should have a specific project already with funnding and a stipend. have a look in university webpages
cdcool1

8th Feb 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right, i'll have a word with my tutor, see what he says. cheers mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » has anyone done a PhD? 22 database queries in 0.0119200 seconds