corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Got flatspots or idle problems.... try this.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got flatspots or idle problems.... try this.
MikeH

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 04 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do this at your own risk and i take no liability for damages but...

My 1.2 16v has had power losses at around 3k rpm and then the ecu light had started coming on when the throttle was fully open. Also I had jerkyness when the engine was cold and almost stalling trying to pull off till it warmed up.

What i did was disconnect the idle control valve wiring and start the engine without it.... revs went all over the place..... i then turned it off, refitted the wire and started as normal and didn't rev it or anything until it had settled down (bit like resttin the ecu).

It's been 2 days now and i've got no flatspots, no ecu lights and no jerkyness!!

Even if it does reoccur, i have found a short term fix for it...... and it may even be a permanent one, we shall see how it goes...
1.0l12vbadboy

23rd Feb 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

t is your air flow meater mate i have just got mine back from vauxhaull and it cost me £300
MikeH

23rd Feb 04 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it is, i've had it appart and it's spotless inside!

Also after doing the above procedure i'd say it points the finger at the idle control valve myself.

New Poll