corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE custom door pods...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE custom door pods...
Andy GSi

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do u go abt making some?? i have got fibre glass and filler, i just want to know what u used to make the mold/shape for the speakers to go in???
M2RTY

23rd Feb 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mdf rings and strech material over them, then f/g matting to get shape

or foam, and carv to shape
Andy GSi

24th Feb 04 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 with other ideas?
stevegreetham

24th Feb 04 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alrite m8, sorta the same idea as M2RV H but rather than material over them use cheapish mesh from b&q, fibreglass that and then use filler. mite be easier to get the shape.
Before that use mdf rings and mdf wooden legs m8
Dan B

24th Feb 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MDF rings, covered with vinyl......will get some pics, once I actually get round to wiring them in properly and putting the grilles back on.
a_j_mair

24th Feb 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you just screw the rings to the origonal plastic door pockets. or are the pockets attached blended in to the door card??
wezjax

24th Feb 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what your after, either go with what marv said which i did to make the ones in my garage (sold now)
my new ones have two pods in each door so i made a mould out of a microwave dish some tape and a piece of mdf and then covered in clingfilm, i then fibreglassed around the mould, let it set and simply removed the mould from the back to be used to make the others.

[Edited on 24-02-2004 by wezjax]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE custom door pods... 22 database queries in 0.7442420 seconds