corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How Hard would this be to fit???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How Hard would this be to fit???
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   24th Feb 04 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of purchasing the Velos Torque Tube basically similiar in every way to the Mantzel power box. How hard you think it would actually be to fit myself??

Rob H

25th Feb 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too hard i would think. Im pretty sure it will come with instructions on how to fit it, and really its only a bolt on part.

Also a while back, total Vauxhall did a step-by-step feature on how to fit the mantzel box to a corsa, so if you've got that, it'll be pretty much the same
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine ya got i fitted my mantzel, if ya got a C16XE its a bit trickier, if ya got a X16XE its real easy.
Velos tube is a good product you will love it, i went for the mantzel only cos it gains a few more horses over all the other products on the market (and it looks nice lol)
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 1.4 16v engine mate and i reckon i will have a go at fitting it myself as i would really like to gain some extra ponies . I'll try and aquire that copy of Total Vauxhall for the guide. Information much appreciated lads
Pickup

25th Feb 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to be dumb, but what the hell is that thing? What doe sit do, and will it increase your power by much?
If so, how much and where from ?
Cheers in advance
essexracer

25th Feb 04 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

intsrtuctions that come with the torque tube r crap

and i had to laugh coz half way through it it says sumic like...."now heres the important bit, if u av'nt read anything so far, make sure u read this..."

pmsl

the hardest thing is takin the old inlet off, once its off its not too hard

james
essexracer

25th Feb 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yea...make sure they send u everything in the kit aswell! as i had a gaskit and bolt missin
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

essexracer you have fitted one mate? and did it make a huge difference??. Pickup mate it gets rid of the old induction inlet and releases some bhp at the same time. Basically just a way of de-restriciting your engines air flow . It can be bought from www.velosmotorsport.co.uk
Pickup

25th Feb 04 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds and looks lovely. want one, just not got the money
Pickup

25th Feb 04 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, can sum 1 tel me what a cat back zorst system is? Is it a system coming from the original cat, or a full replacement inc cat etc? What ?
bubble

25th Feb 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cat back keeps original cat
essexracer

25th Feb 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stoneyginger
essexracer you have fitted one mate? and did it make a huge difference??. Pickup mate it gets rid of the old induction inlet and releases some bhp at the same time. Basically just a way of de-restriciting your engines air flow . It can be bought from www.velosmotorsport.co.uk

no i didnt fit mine myself

i had it done at the same time as i had my car chipped....with a chip it (with raised rev limit) makes the car much more drivable...

1st thing i noticed was that u can drive slower in higher gears (so arround town u dont av to change gear as much )

the best thing is wen u hit 5000rpm, thats wen it really pulls tho like ur engine standard, it starts to pull from 4000 well (but pulls the best 5000rpm)

pickup....a cat back exhaust system, it from the cat back ie. a new centre section and back box.

[Edited on 25-02-2004 by essexracer]
essexracer

25th Feb 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres a quick pic iv found (engine is dirty in pic...needs a good clean )

Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.4 will be exactly the same as fitting it to a X16XE its dead easy, any questions just ask,
The velos kit should gain ya around 20bhp which is a massive increase which you will notice straight away, if you aint ditched the standard inlet and wanna tune these engines you aint got a chance of any decet power really, this should be ya next mod after filter and exhaust system,
After the velos/mantzel etc i would go for a chip (unichip is best) aand if ya raising the rev limit some ARP con rod bolts then get a decent manifold, match the inlet and exhaust to the head do a bit of porting and polishing then ya ready for some TB's, im at the stage now where i am saving fro TB's my engine is kicking out over 150BHP but hit a limit now, need TB's so i can run some wild cams with my new pistons
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting really tempted to purchase it this week and just keep the car off the road after fitting it till i can get round to a UniChip then as GreaseMonkey said. I know all about the implications of raising the rev limit with respect to conrod bolts etc from AK etc etc
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont need a chip to run them buddy i had mine fitted for 5 months before i got a chip, with a chip it just means you will gain a few more ponies and optimise the fulein etc, plus the rasied limit will gain ya power cos instead of power dropping off at high rpm like some engines do this kit will still be pullin hard at 7500rpm, so without a raised limit ya missin out on a load of power

New Poll