corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Stiff Throttle..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stiff Throttle..
L330wnz

User status: Offline
   10th Mar 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find my throttle stiff on my corsa 1.6i sport, is this a common thing or have I got something wrong with it? I know that the engine is quite compact..could it be caught on something or can I 're-map' it? I don't wanna mess it up though (obviously) !! Any advice would be great!! Thanks, L330wnz!
MikeH

10th Mar 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remap it? is it an electronic throttle?

I thougt it was a cable.
Gambit

10th Mar 04 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah its only corsa c's that are fly-by-wire

get a new accelerator cable, or spray WD-40 down the the exisiting one, and work it!
L330wnz

10th Mar 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when I said 're-map' I was wondering if u cud sorta change the layout of it thats all I am new to modding so be gentle..lol!
I'll try the wd40 on it if no luck will take into garage for possible replacement...any idea on how much it'll cost?
Ryan L

10th Mar 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be more for labour than the cable 35-50 quid i'd say mate
L330wnz

10th Mar 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not too bad but if wd40 cures it then that'll be fine with me...but I've read u can adjust the throttle cable..similar to adjusting the clutch but where would I look in a corsa 1.6i sport? Its jammed pack under the bonnet!?!!
Gambit

10th Mar 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

35-50

if you could change a brake cable on your bike then you can change an accelerator cable on your car!!
djivesp

14th Aug 07 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, its piss,

get under the bonnet, and locate the throttle body (it will be somewhere on the right side of the engine and doowwn- as you're looking at the plastic cover) Then have a look at it, understand how it works and open/close it by hand. If it opens/closes freely by hand, but pedal's stiff, then its the cable thats worn out. If it feels stiff as youre opening/closing by hand, then it's just a bit gunky. Over time it gets covered in oily carbony poo in there thats all. Spray WD40 on the mechanism, that may help !!

+if you dont really know your way round in there, i wouldn't go messing with the throttle cable adjutsment, as you might affect your idle speed if you're not careful, then things will start getting weird !
[Edited on 14-08-2007 by djivesp]

[Edited on 14-08-2007 by djivesp]
nellist_sri

15th Aug 07 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a similar problem with my sri, will try wd40 down the cable. i never thought of that!

New Poll