corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » IT or CAD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IT or CAD
Marc

User status: Offline
28th Mar 04 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of doing a course and my dads suggested i do CAD instead of IT, any opinions?!!!
infinitycorsa

28th Mar 04 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cad
Pablo

28th Mar 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More info
mike_1.2LS96

28th Mar 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo cad
Marc

28th Mar 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P4UL
More info

City & Guilds Diploma for IT users

or a CAD course, not sure whitch.
Pablo

28th Mar 04 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno much bout AutoCAD - Wot would u enjoy most :boogle:
Marc

28th Mar 04 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well never thought about CAD till it was mentioned, i did it for 2 weeks when i did work eperience at school, but i imagine its quite difficult?
Marc

28th Mar 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought an IT course would open up for other areas??
BabyBlade

28th Mar 04 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah cad wouldnt really do much for job opportunities by itself i wud think

imagine cad wud be well expensive too, got mine free in my apprenticeship

think IT wud be more useful
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Mar 04 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT for Users is OK but its a very general qualification. Make sure that's what your interested in. We don't run ours anymore due to internal competition - ie. there are courses that we also run that are more interesting, more specific to an area of IT (ie. web design, computer maintenance etc.) and thus worth a little more in the workplace. The stuff you're being assessed on in ITU is the stuff that you'll be picking up anyway as part of a more specific qual.

It depends exactly what you want but my experience of general stuff like that is only the most basic and shy of students are happy with it, everyone else gets bored very quickly.

Are you going to be doing this full time or evening or something? You could combine with something like an ECDL which is only a very small number of hours and would give you the qualification and the support you need for that side of things.

As for CAD, I'm no expert in this area as its construction faculty in our place and we don't work that closely with them, some of the 3D Studio Max stuff is very interesting and they do some great work there but employment is in jobs using these packages rather than general skills.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Mar 04 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
imagine cad wud be well expensive too
If its full time it is free, if not there's an hourly rate associated with it. As a *very* rough rule of thumb, it will be around £1 per hour that the course runs, plus exam fees. So if its in the evening, three hours per night and you're there two nights, thats 6x36 = 216, plus probably another 50 quid worth of fees to register you with the examining body.

The fee tends to differ on level, not subject matter so like for like IT and CAD will be a similar price.
Marc

29th Mar 04 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers. Its a night course im interested in as im still working. Ive been informed that the fees for the IT course were £195 last year.

Im not sure what area i want to end up in yet so i thought this would be a good starting point?
Nismo

29th Mar 04 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CAD i would say but you will need to go all the way as jobs are harder to come by , with an general IT skill it opens the door to a wider range.
Marc

29th Mar 04 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i was thinking!
Nismo

29th Mar 04 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did some CAD but when looking for jobs its really hard you either have to know the hwhole dam thing or look else where.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » IT or CAD 22 database queries in 0.0114460 seconds