corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » email question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author email question
LukeGSi

User status: Offline
29th Mar 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep getting notification failure things for emails i havent sent....is someone else using my hotmail or are they virus/spam shite??
Shane

29th Mar 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usally a virus, u got and up2date norton??
modded_corsa

29th Mar 04 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also keep getting these....particuly from yahoo.com and aol.com email address's

i think its a way of gettin you to click the attachment wot u are supposed to of sent and then in that attachment there is a virus

simply delete
LukeGSi

29th Mar 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by netrix
usally a virus, u got and up2date norton??

ive got adaware, its not really a problem as i just delete them, i very rarely send emails from that account either!! Thanks guys
Dan B

29th Mar 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's most likely not you who has the virus, it'll be someone else who has that email-address in their contacts-list.

Basically, most viruses like this, when they infect a machine, harvest ALL email-addresses from contacts lists and webcache. They then pick two of them at random, mark one as the "Send-To" address, and spoof the "From" field as being from the other address. Hence, when the email hits a mailserver with virus-checking on, it bounces the email back to the spoofed "From" address, rather than to the virus-infected machine (hence the person who has the virus never knows, unless they check for viruses - most viruses of this kind use their own SMTP server-program, installed secretly on your machine, to send the emails out without you knowing).

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » email question 22 database queries in 0.0081840 seconds