corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ENGINE IS IDLING LOW. HOW DO I FIX IT?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ENGINE IS IDLING LOW. HOW DO I FIX IT?
impacter

User status: Offline
17th Apr 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just had my car back from the garage. firstly, lets get this straight. itsa 1litre... i know i know... new engine later this year but in meantime... i need to maintain this engine. it went in cus only 2 outta 3 cylinders was kickin in properly (the third cylinder on the right went, thats lookin at the engine from the front of the car). they told me the head gasket had gone and an exhaust valve. it's all been replaced including a new service. been compression tested and all ok now. well, just got it back and NOW... the engine is still idling really low, like its gonna stall and the engine shakes like f**k. if i try and higher the idle screw position in engine bay, the engine calms down a bit but the car struggles and gets real loud. why is this so? what could it be?
LukeGSi

17th Apr 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean the idle control valve - do a search mate there will be 1, 879, 264 posts on this
impacter

17th Apr 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

searchin for it. phoned around and they say a 1 litre dont have a control valve. any other ideas?
MikeH

18th Apr 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a spare idle control solenoid you can buy off me, buy i'm not sure if it will fix your problem.

Won;t stop it being loud and struggling like you explained.
tainboy

18th Apr 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back and demand the garage fix it. If they refuse, threaten to go to the office of Fair Trading to report them for bad workmanship!!!
Graham

18th Apr 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure my 1.0l has an ICV
MikeH

18th Apr 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.0 12v and 1.2 16v have an idle control soledoid that just pushes on the throttle body rocker.... it is a an idle controller but in a different way to the 1.4 and 1.6 16vs

New Poll