corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got crashed into on Friday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got crashed into on Friday
stevegreetham

User status: Offline
   18th Apr 04 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically we went karting, once finished we all were going to go to the pub as it was my 18th! anyway, i reversed out of my space, turned right so i could drive off....anyway, this clot of a m8 reversed right into the side of me, didnt check his mirrors or anything, had his ICE playing very loud.I was 7-10 meters away for fuks sake. I have 4 witnesses saying i did nothing at all wrong.....damage to his was a dinted bumper and a cracked light.
My damage is a bent door, massive crease from the wheel arch to the middle of the door...took it to a local garage for a quote, they said go to vax....vaux said its gonna cost £1100 inc labour
The tosser is now trying to get out of it and say it was my fault, therefoe meaning i am gonna b driving a bent car around 4 a while.
pic may follow shortly, anyone got any advice?
p.S my insurance comp are totally on my side
Predator Corsa

18th Apr 04 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now his dad has rung up mine sayin the wants to go to the 'scene of the crime' as he calls it to see what actually happened. My insurance company have said not to go as he my twist things.... we dropped the quote round and have heard no reply....dint help that it was my 18th bday
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worst thing is that i couldnt go to donny as my cars at vaux again today having further damage assesment
Adam-D

18th Apr 04 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do go with his dad let insurance and their laywars sort it thats why you pay insurance you wont loose ncb i dontthink cos its on his insurance
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer, i dont see how he can get out of it, i have 4 witnesses, one of themw as in my car when it happened.
I hit my neck on the window or something, it hurts a wee bit but we had just been karting so if i went to the doctors about it then he could get out of that as he could ssay that i got it from karting.
I have to see him everyday tho, just gonna have to try and stay calm, easier said than done when hes a cocky twat
Colin

18th Apr 04 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah just leave it to the insurance to sort out, if you have witnesses you have nothing to worry about.

What is going the the 'scene of the crime' with his dad going to sort out - its fuck all to do with him anyway.
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colin, i recon am just gonna leave it then, he can try and get out of it all he can.
best bit was when he said " you pay for your damages and i'll pay for mine" he has a cracked rear light and a mangled rear bumper, gonna cost him 450 quid and mines 1100
vaux said they need it for a week, does that sound about right?
has anyone had experiences like this before? how long does it usually take to resolve?
Colin

18th Apr 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pay for own damages....Aye nae bother, who said that him or his dad???

There just trying to get out of it or going thru their insurance. Im guessing hes under the old mans name

Also Vaux is estimating £1100, whos saying theres not more damage? honestly leave it for the insurance to sort out, thats what yous have it for, you should get a car while yours is away too

[Edited on 18-04-2004 by Colin J]
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they both said that m8, i just cracked up lol
already asked about vaux or insuurance comp givin me a car for a bit, they said its unlikely
nickyboy01

18th Apr 04 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go with his Dad, as they said its got nowt to do with him. If he's old enough to drive etc then he's old enough to sort it out himself. Let insurance do it all
Colin

18th Apr 04 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them to ram it He will get his fixed for £100 out the scrappies and you will be left to pay £1100 to fix yours

If there not gonna give you 1, tell HIS insurance company you require a car for the time yours is away. Tell them you require it to get to work or whatever and your going to also claim any expences you incur as a result of this. They should then give you a car, if they dont and you still need 1, rent a car for a week and send them the bill. I done this and got a brand new 106 quicksilver for a week when someone ran into me
corsa5dr

18th Apr 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt sound like much of a mate to me
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, cheers lads, i'll do that.
corsa5dr - i have a feeling hes is gonna b an ex m8 very soon, just gotta stay calm til i have my car mended
Graham

18th Apr 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey steve sorry to hear that, hope it gets sorted all pretty swiftly as u can then come to the east mids meet on May 9th
AndyCorsa

18th Apr 04 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have other people saying you did nothing then your fine. Can't be much of a mate if he is trying to blame you though
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

incufan2k3, yer, am up for that if it gets sorted out.
i knew he would blame me, hes a very new driver (about 2 months) it was just a case of him showing off and acting like a tit, tryin to impress in his seat arosa
Gaz Scott

18th Apr 04 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a few bumps in my time some my fault some not.
1. Firstly never disscus the incident with the other party always leave it to the insurance company.
2. Never admit blame even if it was you or not. The insurance company make there own minds up.
3. Try not to get the police involved as it usually leads to a driving offence, a fine or worse points on the old licence.
4. Definately get the police involved if there is an injury, a violent dispute, suspicion of alchol or drugs on the scene or if other road users are at risk.
5. Get all the details you can at the scene, photo's if you can a sketch if you can't. Insurance details of all parties, names and addresses of as many people as possible. Drivers, passengers, witnesses etc. If the police do get called then you can be delayed while they gather all this info.
6. I've always found it's best to bite your tounge, stay calm, neither party will be happy about whats happened. Get it into the garage a soon as poss.
7. If they don't provide you with a car loose all street cred and by an old fiesta or somin small for about £300. Make sure its got plenty of tax and mot and when it all blows over you can sell it for the £300 you bought it for.
8. Get as much as you can out of the time your car is in the garage, any little niggles that you can get covered on the claim do so. If you loose some no claims or have an excess to pay you might as well get as much as you can for it.
9. Get on the back of the insurance company and the repair garage every day just to check and pressure them to get finished quicker. Garanteed the guys who's car went into the garage at the same time will be doing the same.

With specific advice on your bump. I'm gutted for ya truely I know how you feel I got tee boned in to on comming traffic by a prat coming out of a side street. Your don't expect it at all. One minute your happy as larry in your pride and joy the next some clutz has ruined it. The "mate" didn't mean to reverse into you I'm sure of that. Try to keep that in mind. He is going to try and get it all sorted for as little as possible as you would. Focus on your insurance company and forget about him. You insurance will sort everything out for you don't have to worry about how much he'll have to pay. Sound's like it's has fault so don't worry.
You just got to accept what has happened.
Find some way of getting about for a week or two.
Pay any excess you may have.
Wait for your car to be returned all clean and tidy.
Tim
Site Administrator

18th Apr 04 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the physics of it all... if he reversed into the side of you, the only way it could be your fault, is if you managed to do a 4-wheel slide in the car park straight into the back of his car....

It's like someone who kicks you in the head trying to say you headbutted their foot...
Colin

18th Apr 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
It's the physics of it all... if he reversed into the side of you, the only way it could be your fault, is if you managed to do a 4-wheel slide in the car park straight into the back of his car....

It's like someone who kicks you in the head trying to say you headbutted their foot...

Nice way of putting it tim
Mikorsa16v

18th Apr 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nickyboy01
Dont go with his Dad, as they said its got nowt to do with him. If he's old enough to drive etc then he's old enough to sort it out himself. Let insurance do it all

Adam-D

18th Apr 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin J
quote:
Originally posted by Tim

Nice way of putting it tim

yep i agree with that logic
langey

18th Apr 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head butting there foot tim u crack me up!.

end of the day mate he is supposed to be your mate if he wont just pay for damage without going throu insurance then take him to the cleaners!! go the hospital too
ricKA

18th Apr 04 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsa
If you have other people saying you did nothing then your fine. Can't be much of a mate if he is trying to blame you though

I was there and saw what happened, at the end of the day, the lad trying to place the blame on Steve is just ludicrous.
stevegreetham

18th Apr 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His dad has left a message on my phone sayin hes poppin round later to see what i am gonna pay.....not even gonna reply or open the door to him, like u lot said, i'm just gonna leave it to my insurance

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got crashed into on Friday 22 database queries in 0.0141199 seconds