corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apache!!!!!!!! help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apache!!!!!!!! help
Gavin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Apr 04 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just set one up......

but how would i be able to access my server
at the moment on this computer i use http://localhost

but wat if i wanted to see my files from another computer.,.... would i have to enter the IP address of the host like http://32.134.45.54 ????

do i need to mess about with the conf file..

ive checked the net and its hopeless!

cheers

pew pew pew pewwwww
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you wanted to access your webserver from another machine on your local network you can either use the local address (something like 192.168.*.* or 172.* or 10.*) or you could actually use your internet IP address.

If you cant seem to access it make sure:

* you have the address right
* apache service is running
* firewall is turned off, or allowing packets to the correct port (port 80 by default)
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by B19 GAV
do i need to mess about with the conf file..

I believe you need to edit the default configuration file (httpd.conf I think), all of this stuff plus walkthroughts for the configuration file should be in the Apache documentation.
Trotty

21st Apr 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup as long as you know you're IP address and you've set appropriate access permissions on any relevant directories that the site points at the from a web browser you can just go to the IP of your computer.

You may have to set port forwarding if you've got a router/firewall?
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys...

ive checked the net for some anwsers!

i am currently running my internet through a home network (hub) and my pc is connected to another computer which the net is setupp on!
i recon it is this.... ????? thats why other ppl cant access my IP

pew pew pew pewwwww
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do u do port forwarding??

and i do have firewall on

cheers

[Edited on 21-04-2004 by B19 GAV]

pew pew pew pewwwww
Trotty

21st Apr 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So your internet connection (broadband yeah?) goes into a hub/router and then shared between several PC's?

If thats the case go into teh configuration bit of your router and there should be a Port Forwarding option - set it so HTTP traffic on port 80 gets routed to yourr interal IP address on port 80 (or whatever post apache's running on)
Gavin
Premium Member

21st Apr 04 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

broadband - yep
goes into a hub on other computer

will try that trotty... cheers lads

pew pew pew pewwwww

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apache!!!!!!!! help 23 database queries in 0.0407240 seconds