corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Engine Warning Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Engine Warning Light
olivia01

User status: Offline
   29th Apr 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am looking for some advice please, my Corsa is playing up, the engine warning light keeps coming on and about 10 seconds later it cuts out. It happens more when I am doing high revs or go over 50mph. I can’t even drive on the motorway. It’s been to my local garage and they did an ECU test and the fault code indicated that it was the emission valve. The garage replaced the part for £200 (with 12 months warranty) a week later it cut out again. I took it back he did another ECU test and it didn’t show any fault codes so he said he didn’t no what to do. Has anyone got a clue what I should do?????????????? Should I just go to Vauxhall.
LukeGSi

29th Apr 04 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try doing the paperclip test yourself and see if you can find a falut code, if the light comes on it should store a code
Corsa_Jam

29th Apr 04 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dnt take it to vauxhall, they wouldn't know what the problem was if it hit them in the face. Best to take it to a engine tuner/management place someone who really knows what they are doing.
stuyw

29th Apr 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

auto electrician is worth a shout, but would try the paperclip test first
olivia01

30th Apr 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you for your advice, i will try the paper clip test the next time the engine warning light comes on, which will prob be when i drive home from work !!! I never thought to take it to an engine tuner/management place. do they all have a rolling road .

[Edited on 280404 by olivia01]
boxmasher

2nd May 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hooray its not just me that thinks that vx dealers are tw@s.
i have so many problems with a engine management light with a mind of its own.
it came on weeks ago when i got onto motorway, had it taken to my local dealer, they said it was down to the fuel level being low, the put a tenners worth of fuel in and reset it £60 total bill.
few days later, it came back on.
took it back, this time the engine management ecu needs replacing £600, i need the car for work so arranged for it to be done.
week later, its back, they now reckon it needs an air mass meter, the part alone is just over £100, plus the fitting etc.
not happy chappy by this point, when i asked them about the £600 i had spent a few days earlier, they said that ecu was showing a live fault.
went to work, phoned another vx dealer, im in the motor trade so i have loads of phone numbers, they tell me to get my garage to send me a copy of the protocols used for the tech 2 thing.
phone my garage, they get all shirty and tell me they'll ring me back, i had told them that the other garage couldnt believe the ecu fault to start with.
hours later, phone rings, they sounding panicky.
now booked back in to my garage to get my old ecu unit put back on, although they had told me they had to be sent back to vx on an exchange basis.
so should be getting money back for ecu replacement, my old ecu back, a new mass meter whatsit fitted and hopefully they will fix it.
once its done they will never touch my car again.
it had only recently had a service before all these problems started.
so the moral of this boring story is to never trust a company just because the badge on the front of the building is the same as the one on the grille.
sorry to have hijacked this thread, just thought someone might be interested.
ta
ben
MoNkEy MaGiC

2nd May 04 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rah loong story man

but its so true

antscorsa

2nd May 04 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air mass sensor was clogged on mine adn it fixed it, had the same symtoms as u to a T
olivia01

14th May 04 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets face it Corsa's are just shit and horrible. im going to scrap mine. The handbrake cable snapped today. im lovin it NOT

You said your airmass sensor was clogged and that it had the same symtoms. did you mean the same symtoms as my car or was you talking to Boxmasher

New Poll