corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speakers and amp help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speakers and amp help
daveyb

User status: Offline
30th Apr 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a small amp to power my speakers in the back, but...

I've already got a sub hooked up but i've two outputs so thats ok. I hooked the amp up right, earthed it well, remote is a solid connection but all i get through the speakers is fuzz, so i'm assuming its not sending a signal.

I've tried to mess with the settings on my HU but i cant seem to sort it.

Its a pioneer 6500 by the way. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave.
Corsa E-Tec

30th Apr 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the noise gets loder as you accelerate or rev the car. i'd say the earch is not grounded properly. make sure the earth is connected to bare metal, if not, sand the paint off around the lead or connect some where else and check that your RCA's and speaker cables are on the opposite side of the car to your power and remote cables.
daveyb

30th Apr 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The earth is good cos disconnected my other amp and used same place, and never had wiring in the car when trying new amp, had all wiring outside, rca's&remote def not near power wire. Its a mystery!
daveyb

2nd May 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NE1 else?

New Poll