corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help:I'm making a rear engined corsa ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help:I'm making a rear engined corsa ??
jjowe

User status: Offline
15th May 04 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone or does anyone know of someone or anywhere that has created a rear engined corsa, I know its been done in a nova a few times but need to speak to someone who has done it and knows all the hickups so to speak.. Im gonna do one way or other, photos of similiar conversions would help if anyone has any?

Tar.. Pp reply to email.. tar..

jjowe2003@hotmail.com
PaulW

15th May 04 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently working on a twin-engined corsa... so will be pretty much similiar except I also have one up front

still working it out tho atm & planning it, so no progress or anything as yet.

http://www.boost-beast.de (look at german version) has progress pics of the twin-LET'd Nova, so may help a bit, other than that try mig as there should be a few on there
IntaCepta

15th May 04 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

twein engined corsa???
what engine u considerin? when u play to finish it. can't wait sounds like ar ight treat ;P
CorsAsh

16th May 04 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessin from his sig that its got two 2.0l Turbo lumps goin in maybe?
ed

16th May 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a lot of tubular steel in that motor!
PaulW

16th May 04 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the nova?

aye the box-steel dont look too bad to work with tho & the main concept/design of mounting the rear engine seems fairly straight-forward. used a cav front end for the under-pinnings & just made a box-section to secure the engine in place... biggest prob as said by a few will be aligning it all & getting it square, but if you have the time & a jog or similiar, shouldnt be too much hastle.

been thinkin tho of modifying the cav front bit used on the rear of the nova to take the rear hubs from a 4x4 calibra or something, just makes it easier with fittin a non-hydraulic handbrake (so passes MOT)...

[Edited on 16-05-2004 by PaulW]
ed

16th May 04 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, they used a front end, I was under the impression they somehow got it all to work with a 4x4 rear subframe... It looks pretty complicated!

New Poll