corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Managment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Managment
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
17th May 04 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aright, i should hopefully, fingers crossed be picking up my Throttle bodies next weekend, i found a set second hand which saved me like £800, the TB's are off a ecotec 2litre engine,they are 45mm jenvery ones, am i right in saying all i gotta get is a new inlet manifold, where from guys, and some longer trumpets?????
The kit im being sold comes with Lumenition engine managment, has any one heard much about this, what im thinking is it will be ok for the time being, when i sell my Mantzelpower box , chip and induction kit i will buy some DTA managment, yours opinions please, oh and the guy is gonna put a basic map on the ecu for me, how long am i ok to drive round with this basic map, what will my performance gains be, i gto stainless manifold, ported polished head, exhaust system and a few bits here and there
vibrio
Banned

17th May 04 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd be cheaper getting the DTA in when it gets fitted
Adam-D

17th May 04 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess your keeping her then?
Greasemonkey

17th May 04 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im fitting it myself, so swapping the managment over wont be too much hassle, i just wondered what people though of the lumenition managment is it worth keeping cos i never heard of it before
broster
Premium Member

17th May 04 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best bet mate is to ask on mig web, they know alot more about this kind of thing.
miles

17th May 04 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lumenition should be fine if mapped properly. Dont decide on ditching it until you've at least tried it.

45mm is a bit too big and will lose torque, for the price though you cant really complain.

How long it will be ok for on base map depends on how close to your set up the map is! If its ok its ok, you just wont get as much power and it might be a pain to drive.

How much power depends on how good your headwork is, what rev limit you use, your compression etc. About 160bhp....

Also need to think about injectors and fuel pressures.
Greasemonkey

17th May 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hhhhmmm ya putting me off now, do i need 40mm jenveys then, i wanna gain tourqe not lose it lol, whts the ideal set up then
miles

17th May 04 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got 40mm's and were told they were the best to have. Jenvey told me that 40mm's are good for 220bhp on a C20XE.

You will still gain torque over what you have now, but wont get as much as you could with 40mm's. Speak to a decent tuners about it, or search on mig.
Ditch

17th May 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lucky b used 42mm on his 2.1 didnt he?
On a 1600 40mm sounds reasonalbe
Greasemonkey

17th May 04 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HHHHMMMMM, looks like i wont be gettin these then, i dont wanna spend £1750 its ALLOT of money
Andy

17th May 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use 42mm taper bodies - I agree that 45mm sounds to wide. The lumenition management is prob capable enough - just depends if you can find someonewho knows how to get the best out if it when they map it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine Managment 22 database queries in 0.0108380 seconds