corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » *** OPTIMA yellow top (BRAND NEW) ***

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *** OPTIMA yellow top (BRAND NEW) ***
TOMAS

User status: Offline
18th May 04 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an optima yellow top deep-cycle battery for sale, model: D34.

It has never been used, never seen a battery clamp or tray. I bought it as I was going to go bonkers with my install about 4months ago and run TWO split charged optimas but never got round to fitting it and have now gone for the lightweight ICE install route. It has a float charge of 13.2V. I paid £210 for it from Car Electronics Leciester and im now looking for £170ono delivered next day to your front door.

Spec can be found at this address (PDF Acrobat reader needed) http://www.optimabatteries.com/products/pdf/D34.pdf

Any offers....
TOMAS

19th May 04 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bump... offers.
waynep

19th May 04 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u confirm wether it will fit under a strut brace?
TOMAS

20th May 04 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a picture of CheekyCorsa's fitted snugly under his brace....

AdiSRI

20th May 04 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are yellow tops reccomended for use as a replacement battery?

I thought they were deep cycle and not for starting and as such should be used as a second batt??

Arent u supposed to use red tops as a starting battery.
TOMAS

20th May 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yellow tops are fine for starting. The main difference between yellow and red is that yellow can be flattened completly many times and cope fine, on the other hand redtops and wet style batteries can be BADLY damaged by flattening completely, sometimes never recover and are useless from flattening just once! Red tops can push a few more CCA than yellow (slightly better for starting) but the difference is not noticable.

Yellow tops are basically hard as nails batteries, throw at them what you will and they will cope. A float charge of 13.2V from a 12V battery is enough to tell anyone that these mean business!

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » *** OPTIMA yellow top (BRAND NEW) *** 24 database queries in 0.1674139 seconds