corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bump Stops

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bump Stops
Mistamist

User status: Offline
18th Jun 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the brake pads last on wednesday night, and as i jacked up the car i noticed the bumpstops on my front suspension strut as completely fucked (split down the side) so i took them out from both sides. is it alright to drive around without them? is this normal for them to split like they did?
Mistamist

18th Jun 04 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know if its safe??
Kris TD

18th Jun 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suggest you out new ones in asap or you will burst open your shocks if you hit a big bump.
TOMAS

19th Jun 04 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think it will MOT if it hasnt got them, they are there to absorb BIG hits when the spring is full compressed, its stops the metal on metal bang that WILL crack the chassis if used like it for a while. What suspension kit are you using and how low, as Kris will tell you ive played around with LOTS of different bumpstops over the years so could sugest you some...
Mistamist

19th Jun 04 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a spax -40 mm with fixed rate dampers, i had the koni bump stops on there and they are now fooked. think i need shorter ones , ones just to stop the damper fully compressing. what do you recommend?
TOMAS

19th Jun 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH for ride and handling I think std vauxhall foam ones are pretty good. They dont last that long though - approx 8k a set for me. The problem with aftermarket polly bumpstops is that they are very hard and elastic, and if the car rides them a lot it can make it very bouncy indeed, especially if you have a fixed rebound rate on your dampers. If like on the Spax PSX dampers you have an adjustable rebound, its adviseable to up it a little to stop the polly bumpstops elasticity bouncing the car back up.

You can cut down some polly bunmpstops but dont cut them shorter than 25mm or they deffo wont be doing their job, as I say although they are quite pricey the std Corsa ones are best.

New Poll