corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » in-car PC thing...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author in-car PC thing...
PaulW

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right... I've got an old laptop... nae too shabby, 15" LCD Display, P3 650, 256Mb RAM...

Case is fooked (smashed)

So been thinkin of making up an in-car PC out of it & converting the LCD to a touch-screen display, so no need for a mouse or keyboard. Reckon it's a good idea? It's going to be a hell of alot of work involved in doing this, and as I have no car atm, if I get it done in time for when I get myself a new car around christmas time, I will 'hopefully' be on a winner

So basically need some feedback of people who have know someone or who have tried/done something similiar in some sort of way.

If I get this done right, it will be used instead of a proper Radio in the car

Only problem is... 15" is fekin hooooj!
Adam-D

23rd Jun 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new case and ill have it
L1L J4CKO

23rd Jun 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't turn a laptop screen into a touch screen.... the only way is to buy a touch screena dn use it instead like Marvs
PaulW

23rd Jun 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too easy

got my mind set on this now, fancy a challenge that will cost fook all & that I already got the bits for

Plus its got a wi-fi card, so no need for network cables or anythin
PaulW

23rd Jun 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by L1L J4CKO
You can't turn a laptop screen into a touch screen.... the only way is to buy a touch screena dn use it instead like Marvs

there are touch-screen conversion kits

http://store.earthlcd.com/s.nl/c.318770/sc.7/category.223/it.A/id.2436/.f
M2RTY

23rd Jun 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can add a touch screen layer, but on a 15" laptop its not worth it - cheaper to get a real screen

i bought a 15" tv and TS set and went to install it in my dash, was it fuck goingto fit. its now in the boot once ICE goes in
koolkorsa

23rd Jun 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get a 7'' touchscreen off ebay for £170 all in. Then just rejig and upgrade a bit your current components and your sorted. Can't see it be a massive long project for you!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » in-car PC thing... 22 database queries in 0.0130820 seconds