corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got my sound system up and running

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got my sound system up and running
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
9th Jul 04 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went for
Eltax AV AVR800 £150

Gale 3030 for £150

A gale 20 centre which I got for £10

put my original fronts to the rear and bought some basic gale wire to hook up the front.

Music much better. cleaner, much more tunablilty for bass and tone. DVD's are amazing. can't wait to watch saving private ryan

DVD player was £40, rear speakers were lynne's so a nice system for not much money

At the moment is it providing Lynne with amazing sound of BB5

Going to put Ronnin on after it - Car Chase
Kris TD

9th Jul 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good
i just got a mordant short sub, sounds pretty good, mind you it should for the money lol.
looks good though vibs, i got that centre speaker, good old richer sounds
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was just going to get teh Gale 10 but they never had any so gave me the 20 for the same price.

wondering wither to put the speakers through the sub
Nath

9th Jul 04 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the Gale Centre 10, its wank. It's getting replaced with a Mordaunt Short 304c centre soon. I have Mordaunt Short 904 up front, Gale centre 10 , Mordaunt Short 302's behind, a Sony STR DE485E Amp/Reciever, and finally a Sony DVP PQ2 DVD player. All connected to my Phillips 24" widescreen

Invest in good cables, your no doubt sceptical but it does make a difference, believe me!
mav

9th Jul 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice..

car chases are in Ronin..got the dvd...

and at beginning of saving private ryan...bullets...quality
Nath

9th Jul 04 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matrix Lobby scene
mav

9th Jul 04 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah baby.......................
Dom

9th Jul 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nout special with gale and eltax stuff, it sounds alright i suppose...but nothing to write home about IMA Personally i would have gone with cambridge audio gear if your on the cheap, or a ex-demo denon decoder and finished it off with a set of Mission 773e's (there alright, but mission have started to produce complete shite over the last few years ) fronts and Kef 80 centre

as for subs, TBH i wouldnt really worry about the quality/make, since its not very npticable in a home cinema setup, especially since the direction of the bass is less noitcable. But if you have an active sub (built in amp with phonos etc) vibs, then i would go out of your DVD/VCR/SKY,CAB at low-level (phonos) into decoder and then to speakers etc. Will produce a cleaner signal, especially when playing the system loud

And like nath said, decent cables are a must, both phonos and speaker cabling and if you want spike free power feed, get a filtered power feed from the consumer board, with non-switchable sockets.
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Matrix Lobby scene

temping. going to re wire the sub the now
Nath

9th Jul 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Matrix Lobby scene

temping. going to re wire the sub the now

1st scene i played when mine got set up
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
nout special with gale and eltax stuff, it sounds alright i suppose...but nothing to write home about IMA Personally i would have gone with cambridge audio gear if your on the cheap, or a ex-demo denon decoder and finished it off with a set of Mission 773e's (there alright, but mission have started to produce complete shite over the last few years ) fronts and Kef 80 centre

as for subs, TBH i wouldnt really worry about the quality/make, since its not very npticable in a home cinema setup, especially since the direction of the bass is less noitcable. But if you have an active sub (built in amp with phonos etc) vibs, then i would go out of your DVD/VCR/SKY,CAB at low-level (phonos) into decoder and then to speakers etc. Will produce a cleaner signal, especially when playing the system loud

And like nath said, decent cables are a must, both phonos and speaker cabling and if you want spike free power feed, get a filtered power feed from the consumer board, with non-switchable sockets.

well what I have bought does what I want. its not ment for loudness or 3k worth of gear quality. I wanted to upgrade what I had already for as little as possible. I suspect I have done as for cable I ain;t a sound snob. its not the thin shit but it ain't £3 per M overpriced copper cable crap either
Nath

9th Jul 04 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cables need not be expensive Vibs. Anything is better than the shit they give you with the product.
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

69p per M gale 105 from RS
Nath

9th Jul 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY speaker cable was only 99p p/m for the surrounds and £1.99 p/m for the floorstanders. Paid more for the floorstanders as they are about 1.5m away from the TV, didnt cost much at all
Matt H

9th Jul 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone got up in smoke tour?

the scene in the liquer store sounds mazin with a good sound system. theres deep bass'y music blaring out & gunshots all over the place

i kept ducking cos i seriously thought things were coming from behind me
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tunnels in the car chase in ronnin were amazing
Dom

9th Jul 04 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cables are everything though...thats why ive got 90 quid Cyrus phono's between me CD player and Amp and QED cabling for speakers (not too cheap) and trust me, it made a shite loads of difference I need to get some filters for the power, but a decent power supply unit is about 500 quid

as for sound snob, well i suppose when your old vibs, the less sensitive your hearing is, so i dont blame you for getting the cheap shite
vibrio
Banned

9th Jul 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cables are everything though...thats why ive got 90 quid Cyrus phono's between me CD player and Amp and QED cabling for speakers (not too cheap) and trust me, it made a shite loads of difference I need to get some filters for the power, but a decent power supply unit is about 500 quid

as for sound snob, well i suppose when your old vibs, the less sensitive your hearing is, so i dont blame you for getting the cheap shite

PMSL £90 on cables more money than sense
Dom

9th Jul 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:

PMSL £90 on cables more money than sense

like i said vibrio, older you get less sensitive your hearing is, so i doubt you would notice the difference therefore not being able to justify spending that type of cash. But then again, im going for a quality product that will last years and years (like my bros denon gear, which has been going for 12 years and its still a sweet system). But tbh, i will say that i dont know many people that can tell the difference between an average set of cables (20 odd on phonos etc) and my cyrus's (trained ears are everything), but there is a very big difference between cheapy cabling and mid-way-point stuff.

Oh, i would also recommend gold/silver banana plugs for the speakers (if they have sockets) as it a) makes it easier to unplug etc and b) stop shite buildup you get on the wire. If you go this route, make sure you solder the wire to the banana plugs for a good solid connection. And for 4 quid a set, its a cheap mod you can do...that does offer some performance, and a slight difference in sound
vibrio
Banned

10th Jul 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one thing I have to say is that if you have never heard the set up I have got you can't comment on it
Marc

10th Jul 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Ross, wheres the pics of the set up
vibrio
Banned

10th Jul 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never took any cause it's not set up the way I want it. sub needs moved and wires tided and boxes put away
Nath

10th Jul 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the centre black and floorstanders beach/oak?
vibrio
Banned

10th Jul 04 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
all black. they never had a picture of the black ones on the gale site

they also have their covers on as well.
vibrio
Banned

10th Jul 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Got my sound system up and running 22 database queries in 0.0140390 seconds