corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sum1 PLEASE help me

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sum1 PLEASE help me
t44rnt

User status: Offline
13th Jul 04 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right here is my dilema,

Over the last few weeks my car has been playing up and in the last week ive taken it 2 vauxhall and another independant mechanic.
what happens is while im driving, no matter what gear im in, as soon as i hit near enough 4000 revs the car sort of hesitates and loses power and the engine management light comes on, untill i take my foot off the accelerator then the light goes off and the car goes back 2 normal untill i hit 4000 revs again.
The car itself is a 1999 corsa sxi 1.2 16v and the only engine mods ive had done are a k&n air filter and ive got a peco back box, and ive had my center section cut out.
Vauxhall told me i need a new O2 Sensor (lamba sensor) so they replaced it and it didnt make any difference at all, and in the end they tried blaming the fact that i have my centre section cut out, which is why im having this problem.
The independant mechanic who has the car at the moment, cant work out whats wrong with the car, hes done a tech 2 test on it and its coming up with my lamba sensor being faulty, which i know it isnt cos i had it changed, so he thinks it might b my cat, which he thinks may b slight blocked but he dosent wanna say it is that 100%, hes also done a back pressure test and everything seems 2 b fine.

So im hopin some1 on here can tell me if they had have simular problems or if they know wots wrong with my car.

also im sorry 4 the essay

[Edited on 13-07-2004 by t44rnt]
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could it be the old air mass meter????? try cleaning it could be gunked up with oil from ya filter
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats an air mass meter?
L330wnz

13th Jul 04 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haynes maual

its at the back of the engine on the the air intake pipe which runs thru the throttle bodies? yeah Kris?
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers boys! i will give it a try either today or 2mora, but does any1 else have any ideas?
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeha thats where it is, maybe coolant sensor, this monitors engine temp and adjusts contributes to adjusting the fuel air ratio, ya got a chip?
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i havent chipped it. all i want is sum1 2 tell me wots wrong and my car 2 b back 2 normal
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah i was gonna say it could be a flat spot caused by chip, but it aint that, the tech 2 machines pick up a code and yours is pointing to the lambda sensor, the code is not a definate answer its more of a guide which points you inthe right direction, its something to do with the AIR/fuel ratio i belive
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the machanic has jsut got back 2 me, and apparently 1 of the sparks plus was lose, so hes put tha tput in ok, and he thinks it spossibly my coil pack or sumfin?
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the coil pak!!!! that would explain the fuel air/ration maybe cos if ya aint firing correctly on a cylinder there will be a high ration or fuel in the exhaust gasses, i had a spare coil pack ya could have had, but i already gave it up to a corsa owner in need hope it dont turn out too expensive, shown vauxhall suck at mechanics
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a new coil pack is £120, well i will get a new 1 of thos efitted and c wot happens
Greasemonkey

13th Jul 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it dont fix it, refuse to pay any more till it is man
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the mechanic is a family friend and hes already said that if he does replace it he cant give me my money back. but im hoping that will fix the problem, if it dont we both havent got a clue wots wrong
t44rnt

13th Jul 04 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 else got any ideas?
t44rnt

14th Jul 04 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Graham

14th Jul 04 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the ICS mate, idle control stepper, it will be faulty and need replacing, ive got this problem on mine, not as bad as yours but purple_corsa_gls had it and took it too vaux and that was the problem.
t44rnt

14th Jul 04 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive jsut been told its my coil pak 110% so i will let u know how i get on
t44rnt

15th Jul 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right ive had my coil pak changed and that hasnt made any difference, SO PLEASE HAS ANY1 GOT ANY IDEAS WOT COULD B WRONG WITH MY CAR?

[Edited on 15-07-2004 by t44rnt]

New Poll