corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone got any idea how much these speakers are worth?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone got any idea how much these speakers are worth?
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
31st Jul 04 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £450 for them a few years ago, my amp blew up and i cant afford to buy a new amp, plus have lost interest in home cinema a bit, so might sell them. No idea at all how much they are worth though. Anyone got any ideas? I also bought the other stands for them so they are floorstanding, shelf standing or wall mountable.
Dom

31st Jul 04 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 quid....not alot mate, because without the amp most people are sodded, plus matching an amp to make it sound decent is mega hard, so that will people off. Also, sony arnt exactly the best people for hifi stuff...but im sure alot of people will slate me for that comment (even though its true )

pop them up on ebay and see how much they go for mate
leeshez

31st Jul 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look nice
drunkenfool

31st Jul 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont wanna part with them for less than £150 really cos as i said, i paid so much more than that. Ill keep em in the attic till i can afford an amp!
Andrew

31st Jul 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look nice and because they are SONY should sell to someone who hasn't a glue about quality.

I was gonna get a 5.1 set at one point but my fron't room is a strange shape and quite small so i got a Dolby effect TV instead which i never use.
R Lee

31st Jul 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't pay more than £50 either
Richie

31st Jul 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate what extent of damage is there to the amp? I could have a ganders at it
drunkenfool

1st Aug 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PSU is fucked i think. The "protector" message used to come up if it was turned above about number 3 (goes up to 10), one day it popped, smoke etc and now no sound. It still turns on though and the display on it still works.

[Edited on 01-08-2004 by drunkenfool]
Dom

1st Aug 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
I dont wanna part with them for less than £150 really cos as i said, i paid so much more than that. Ill keep em in the attic till i can afford an amp!

150 quid ?!?!
no offence, but sony speakers are pap and are only suitable and constructed to be used with the designed amp for that package. Yes, you may beable to find an amp that will work with them, but the quality would be worse that what you already have.

It might be worth seeing if you can get a replacement Sub/Amp box or getting the current one repaired

All though im still curious why you paid 450 quid for the stuff another 100 quid on that and you could have brought a propper cinema setup using a denon decoder (or similar) and wharfedale (or ismilar) speakers
drunkenfool

1st Aug 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought them about 5 years ago, DVD players had just come out and there werent many home cinema speaker packages around for that price. They do look good too, and fitted in really well in my room, but yeah, they arent the best quality, I only wanted £150 for em cos i paid so much more than that, but if they arent worth it then ill just keep em

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone got any idea how much these speakers are worth? 22 database queries in 0.0112009 seconds