corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa Vs porsche

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa Vs porsche
AndyW

User status: Offline
7th Aug 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok if u had a high spec corsa i.e luckyB's etc...

would it stand a chance against performance cars like porsches
would performance be far off?
i said they will but guy at work says no way..n he keeps takin he piss outta me
what sorta performance cars cud u expect to be close to in a high spec c20xe or Let'd corsa?

prob sounding stupid but if u dont ask wont learn
Siberia

7th Aug 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there a load of comparison on the m-tech site for a letted corsa c and a porshe

cant think of the site address though

[Edited on 07-08-2004 by Siberia]
Marc

7th Aug 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the Porsche 924/928s are crap imo

[Edited on 07-08-2004 by Marc]
dinosaur

7th Aug 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main point is fwd cars like Corsas with lots of power will lose out to RWD cars like Porsches on traction.

The Porsches a decent (not necessary full house) 2.0 Corsa would beat would be 924 and 924 lux (they got VW van engines in them 2.0), the earlier non turbo 944's (2.7 4 pot) and the earlier Boxsters and VERY early 928's and 911's but only up to a point.

Later 911's like post 1993 even non turbo are all sub 5.5 secs to 60 and the 928's after about 1984 are all very fast V8's, even the early 928 S was packing a v8 and doing a quarter well under 15.

944 and if you can find one 924 Turbos are very quick both under 6 secs to 60 and the later Boxster S is too or thereabouts.

Earlier Boxsters are not too quick some are 18 secs to the tonne.
You'd beat one of those.

Other Porsches you could beat are the early 911 2.0 the early 2.4 911 (i'm talkin late 60's early 70's models), the weird and slow 914 and the Cayenne models without the Turbo, but you'd beat the v6 and have probs with the v8 cayenne S.

Hows that answer the question ?
dinosaur

7th Aug 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it like this , I saw some kid in a new Clio 182 (and they aint slow) taking on an 80's 911 SC Targa which was quite tatty and although he got the jump on the 911, the fuckin Porsche howled past him by the time the Clio was getting into third gear.
bazgooch

7th Aug 04 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/?pagina=m-tech-cars/mtech-cars.asp&title=M-Tech%20cars&taal=2

Oh Yes

J100RSA

7th Aug 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boxsters are slow as fook the s is ok as for 911's and 928s etc etc the 928s4/gts is 5.7 v8 32v and go's like fook my valver is quicker than a boxster
AndyW

8th Aug 04 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bazgooch
http://www.mathijssentechnics.nl/?pagina=m-tech-cars/mtech-cars.asp&title=M-Tech%20cars&taal=2

Oh Yes

thats the proof i needed print that out and shut them up
DAYZEE

8th Aug 04 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even a relatively low powered Porsche is going to see you off when you find a bend or something you have to slow down for. Never mind racing a proper Porsche like a 993 Turbo S.
drunkenfool

8th Aug 04 at 02:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a video clip of a nova beating a ferrari 360 modena up the strip, so it is possible!
big eck

8th Aug 04 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've also got a vid of a maestro beating a Porsche 911 turbo (by a long way), so if a tuned mg can do it then surley a LET corsa can.
timrud_

8th Aug 04 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From 30mph I'd give anything a good go. Reckon boggo 911's easy pickings, but the mad ones like GT2's and GT3's, Carrera RS's I'd not have a chance of beating, but I'd certainly surprise them by being there or therabouts and hopefully not too many car lengths behind!
Phil321

8th Aug 04 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In terms of speed, a Corsa with enough money put into it could give most things a run for their money.

In terms of overall driving experience, ie what really matters, they don't stand a chance in hell
Steve
Premium Member

8th Aug 04 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
Even a relatively low powered Porsche is going to see you off when you find a bend or something you have to slow down for. Never mind racing a proper Porsche like a 993 Turbo S.

not true porches have a known habit of being far to rear end heavy from the engine being in the back, it makes them very unbalanced every review has critised the handling for this reason, although the latest C4 S is better

[Edited on 08-08-2004 by GSiSteve]
Sooty
Banned

8th Aug 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
boxsters are slow as fook

are you fucking retarded
Redcorsa69

8th Aug 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
quote:

are you fucking retarded

No he's right! My old man raced one in his S2000 and we dicked on it!
ed

8th Aug 04 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RWD vs. FWD. On an engine running over 200bhp the RWD car will almost always win as the FWD car will not be able to get the power from the drivetrain to the tarmac. Then you got the fact that Corsa's weren't meant to go as fast as people tune them, so, really, anything over 100mph is slightly scary and unpredictable. This is due to the aerodynamics of the Corsa, you will have a lot of air rushing under the floorpan, this makes the car difficult to keep in a straight line. Beian able to beat a Porsche is gonna be difficult!
Nismo

8th Aug 04 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

porsches smorsches

Dom

8th Aug 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phil321
In terms of speed, a Corsa with enough money put into it could give most things a run for their money.

This is the only limit in this...if you have the cash, then its possible. We already know thats its possible to do a 4WD corsa, its just the fact that for 1) its an pain the tits of a job and 2) you could buy a 2nd had sports for the price that it would cost to transform a corsa into 4WD

Again, we all have seen that nova pushing out 600brake on the LET, but again it gonna cost you a small car, in terms of money, to get a LET up to that spec.

TBH, put those two above together and you will certainly have something that will beat alot of sports cars. Complete the car with it be lowered, some big wide wheels (mega arch mods gonna be needs) and a few spoilers and body bits to stop the thing taking off, then i cant see why it wouldnt be possible to beat a few porkies or other sports cars.

Eitherway, im sure you wouldnt get much cash out of 20 odd grand (i worked it out to be more, if you get a custom gearbox made, to stop you having to replace the F28 every 1000 odd miles), so it isnt worth. Plus for 10 grand you can get something that will give alot of bikes a run for the money - twin 'busa engined westfield A tuned one, will be good for 0-60 in very low 3's and ive seen one that was pushing the 60 in 2.7 secs and 0-ton in 5s
J100RSA

8th Aug 04 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
quote:

are you fucking retarded

no m8 i used to work for porsche and 2.5/2.7boxsters are shit slow
Sooty
Banned

8th Aug 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I supose a 2 litre corsa is quicker
Sooty
Banned

8th Aug 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boxster S 3.2 270bhp
DAYZEE

8th Aug 04 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
quote:

not true porches have a known habit of being far to rear end heavy from the engine being in the back, it makes them very unbalanced every review has critised the handling for this reason, although the latest C4 S is better

Whilst the Corsa has always recieved much praise for its handling capabilities......
Steve
Premium Member

8th Aug 04 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
quote:

Whilst the Corsa has always recieved much praise for its handling capabilities......

no i will be the first person to admit corsas are one of the worst handling motor vehicles on the road
dinosaur

8th Aug 04 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Porsche Boxster the original 200 bhp 2.5 is not a slow car, I mean by any means, just not 'Porsche fast' and a decent 2.0 hatch will shut it down to the ton and probably the Porsche has better top speed.

If you can drive, a rear engined Porsche like the 911 and variants is good handling car, but you have to be talented, earlier 911's has factory recalls to have lead ingots in the front bumper to balance out the handling.

The 928S series 2 I drove, automatic box was a good handling car, but it would swap ends if you tried to follow minis round roundabouts quickly.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa Vs porsche 22 database queries in 0.0388670 seconds