corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » squeaky rear drum

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author squeaky rear drum
Dave Corsa C 1.2 SXI

User status: Offline
9th Aug 04 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had a squeaky rear drum since i bought my Corsa C 1.2 16v SXI in january. It was a year old wen i bought it (2003 model).

I have taken the car into vauxhall about 8 times or so now. They have replaced the whole drum, along with 2 wheel bearings. It still squeaks! They clearly don't have a clue what to do, as they just keep cleaning it and saying everything seems fine, and they can't hear it on a road test.

It is a very intermittent fault which is making it harder to solve. Their last venture was to change the drum's back plate, however they ordered the wrong fcuking side, so i got up at 7.30am on a sat' for nothing!

Has any1 had a similar fault on their C? Does any1 have ne ideas of what it could be?

Cheers

Dave
Rileysport

9th Aug 04 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

copper grease the fook outa the mechanism and shoe backs
Dave Corsa C 1.2 SXI

9th Aug 04 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is grease not a bit dodgy wen it comes to brakes? btw i dont know much bout the drums lol...only basic knowledge on that bit.

cheers
Rileysport

9th Aug 04 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well u use copper grease on front pads back to stop squealing
Dave Corsa C 1.2 SXI

10th Aug 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i'll get the garage to do that next time its in, i can't b arsed, plus its all under warrantee still, so its nice n free!

cheers

dave

New Poll