corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MSN Messenger trying to take over my PC...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MSN Messenger trying to take over my PC...
PaulW

User status: Offline
   12th Aug 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime I boot it loads, even if I tell it not to...

Even un-installed it from Add/Remove in the Windows Components bit, still runs hidden & boots me off MSN from my other client...

So booted in safemode & deleted the messenger folder in Program Files, it don't load now!

But OE keeps winging like a bitch about missing components & also keep getting this in the Event Log

code:
Unable to start a DCOM Server: {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541}. The error:
"The system cannot find the file specified. "
Happened while starting this command:
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe -Embedding

Is it really too much to ask for microsoft to stop bundling in annoying shite like this

rant over
Nismo

12th Aug 04 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

re-install OE or instal OL 2003
DAYZEE

12th Aug 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should have just killed the msmsgs prosess in task manager, then renamed the msmsgs.exe file to msmsgs.bak.
Mine doesn't cause problems like that.
PaulW

12th Aug 04 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just deleted the entire folder instead, OE only complains in the event log like the DCOM event, apart from that its silent.
sfxer

12th Aug 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

replace the msmsgs.exe file with a renamed text file, this is how i get rid of it and have no problems with missing files,

basically fooling the computer into thinking all is well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MSN Messenger trying to take over my PC... 22 database queries in 0.0085781 seconds