corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Removing tinted windows??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing tinted windows??
Blacksxiboy2003

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone done it or shall i leave it to the pros??
Ally

22nd Aug 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is window tint removed from glass?
Each of your manufacturers use different types of glue with their window tints but the same process can be used to remove them all. Over the years several methods have been introduced to make removing window tint and glue easier. The following instructions are the safest and easiest for a do it yourself removal.

The supplies needed are as follows: single edge razor blades, steel wool (torn in pieces), glass cleaner, clean plastic trash bag and plenty of paper towels.

First we will discuss the side windows. Take a new single edge razor blade and begin picking at the window tint, lifting it away from the glass. When there is enough tint peeled, take hold with your fingers and pull off the window tint slowly. Hopefully, most of the glue will lift off with the window tint. If not, saturate the exposed glue with your window cleaner. Let the glue absorb the cleaner and scrape off with your razor blades, wiping the glue off of the blade with paper towels. Repeat this method until all the glue is removed. If the window tint does not peel easily and tears or breaks off in small pieces, just continue to scrape, changing your blade often. Sometimes warming the glass will help in removing the tint and the glue. Try removing the tint on a hot and sunny day with the car parked in the sun, or use a hot hair dryer to heat the glass.

Finally, take a piece of the steel wool, after spraying your glass with cleaner, and rub off any remaining glue. Wipe off cleaner with paper towels.
Icy

22nd Aug 04 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i peeled mine off then razor blade to scrape mingin glue off
Blacksxiboy2003

22nd Aug 04 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i get the raser blades from??
Wud u recommend me doing it??
waynep

22nd Aug 04 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gillete the best a man can get

[Edited on 22-08-2004 by corsa-crazy]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Removing tinted windows?? 22 database queries in 0.0120890 seconds