corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C GSi ??? any details.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C GSi ??? any details.....
essexracer

User status: Offline
31st Aug 04 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i read in top gear that it is comin out in September 04!

iv searched the net quickly, but couldnt really find any info on it.

can anyone shed sum light on it? i know its gonna be a 1.6 turbo (well so iv read)

i think i may go to vaux 2mo and ask for sum details (thats if they r helpfull)

the reason y i am askin is coz i saw sum concept pics ages ago (which i liked!) and iv just sold my corsa and im after a new car!

cheers,
james

[Edited on 31-08-2004 by essexracer]
PainZ

31st Aug 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not gonna happen...

Smiffie

31st Aug 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot i know:
1.6 turbo
7 sec 0-60
140mph corsa!!
Smiffie

31st Aug 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^as read in total vauxhall
ed

31st Aug 04 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are making a 1.6 turbo Corsa. I wasn't aware that it was coming out so soon. But when the new Corsa D comes out, Vauxhall will have released the VXR brand, which there will be a Corsa featuring a 1.6 turbo engine.
essexracer

31st Aug 04 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PainZ
its not gonna happen...

who told u that?

in top gear it said about 160bhp low 7s to 60mph and about 130 odd top end thats wat they estimated it performance to be!

im sure they would have know whether or not it was coming out!?

so is it comin out this month ppl? any one know anything about it?

cheers,
james
essexracer

31st Aug 04 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the new GSi corsa will be a corsa D??? :S
ed

31st Aug 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by essexracer
quote:
Originally posted by PainZ
its not gonna happen...

who told u that?

in top gear it said about 160bhp low 7s to 60mph and about 130 odd top end thats wat they estimated it performance to be!

im sure they would have know whether or not it was coming out!?

so is it comin out this month ppl? any one know anything about it?

cheers,
james

Pete is going by old rumors.
ed

31st Aug 04 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so the new GSi corsa will be a corsa D??? :S

I'm not sure, because I didn't think that the Corsa D was coming out for a while yet - gonna be a wicked car though
essexracer

31st Aug 04 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right...yea at one stage a while back i also heard this.

i think il go to my local vaux 2mo whether they tell me any details about it i dont know yet!

james
ed

31st Aug 04 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, we'll fidn out tomorrow if the car is coming out wont we
essexracer

31st Aug 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yes il post up my findings 2mo on here.

i better make a mental note now to remember to go!

ttt

james

[Edited on 31-08-2004 by essexracer]
Thoday

31st Aug 04 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the corsa d was coming out 05 then turbo was after based on performance of the corsa d
Russ

31st Aug 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

local dealer told me mid to late next year, VXR corsa, 1.6 turbo. and the corsa d aint out for a few years
Rebrabuk

31st Aug 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd expect better performance than that if it's supposed to have 160BHP considering the Corsa C 1.8 SRI does 0-60 in 7 and 130 odd top end and thats only got 126BHP hasn't it?
essexracer

31st Aug 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics of the corsa D???

heres teh link from the top gear web site about its due date...

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/cars_coming_soon/05/
essexracer

31st Aug 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk
quote:

I'd expect better performance than that if it's supposed to have 160BHP considering the Corsa C 1.8 SRI does 0-60 in 7 and 130 odd top end and thats only got 126BHP hasn't it?

corsa C 1.8 SRi is 8 to 60 i think, NOT 7!!!

just thought id say lol.
AndyCorsa

31st Aug 04 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
any pics of the corsa D???

heres teh link from the top gear web site about its due date...

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/cars_coming_soon/05/

Here you go. Following news is taken from Auto Express Mag...

it won't be long until the driving instructors of Britain are steering a different Corsa! Amazing pictures in the current issue of Auto Express magazine show how the new version of Vauxhall's supermini top-seller is taking styling cues from the bigger Astra in readiness for its 2006 debut.

The learners' favourite is a permanent fixture at the top of Britain's sales charts, and even knocked the Ford Focus off top spot for a month earlier this year - so its replacement will be a critically important model for Vauxhall.

But that hasn't stopped the firm add-ing a few adventurous styling touches to the newcomer. At the front, it feat-ures a bolder V-shaped grille, while the angular headlamps and ridged bonnet are cues taken from the latest Astra.

It's a similar story at the rear, with Astra-style tail-lamps and a chrome strip running across the bottom of the tailgate. But the car also retains some familiar Vauxhall supermini characteristics. The chunky arches and straight body seam above the rear wheel are styling traits that can be traced back to the original Nova of 1983, and have become trademarks of the marque's small cars over the past two decades.

Under the skin, the Corsa will share its platform with Fiat's next-generation Punto. The baby Fiat will appear before the Vauxhall, and is set to debut towards the end of 2005. The Tigra will continue to use the current Corsa's underpinnings until an all-new model arrives in 2009.

The new platform is the first to be wholly shared between GM and the Italian giant, as part of the makers' strategic alliance. Further developments will see the next Vectra and Fiat 'Large' project built on the same chassis, while the replacement for the Stilo is expected to share its underpinnings with the Astra.

Engine choices for the Corsa will be similar to those in the current line-up, with three diesel units and four petrols available. All will be compliant with tough new Euro V emissions legislation.

The oil-burners will consist of 70bhp 1.3 and 80bhp 1.7-litre CDTI powerplants carried over from the existing car, while sporty models such as the SRi and SXi will be offered with a 105bhp derivative of the 1.3-litre unit set to debut in next year's Fiat Panda Abarth.

Meanwhile, the petrol line-up will kick off with a three-cylinder 12-valve 1.0-litre engine based on the unit in the current model, but tuned to deliver lower exhaust emissions. The 1.2 and 1.4-litre motors will also be carried over from the existing car, but will feature a new evolution of the Twinport valve timing system to reduce emissions. But the most exciting petrol variant will be a new 1.6-litre turbocharged engine.

This is expected to develop around 170bhp and will debut in a sensational VXR-badged Corsa, complete with large alloy wheels and an extreme bodykit. The engine was originally set to debut in the current model, but Vauxhall has canned plans to launch a hot version of the existing car, as its production life would be too limited. However, the unit will also appear in a VXR version of the Tigra, and could even find its way into other Vauxhall models, such as the Astra SRi and Meriva.

Although bosses haven't yet decided when the new Corsa will make its first public appearance, Vauxhall insiders suggest that the Paris Motor Show in September 2006 is the target.

[Edited on 31-08-2004 by AndyCorsa]
_Allan_

31st Aug 04 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd wouldn't waste your time at the dealers. I've been to 3 asking bout the new astra 3 door and they don't even know anything about there release dates.... I might sell the SRI and get either Corsa VXR or Astra VXR
Cybermonkey

1st Sep 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top Gear are wrong. There were quite a few teething problems with the 1.6LET unit, especially when they were testing it out with the new Tigra Turbo. as has been said above, creating a new GSi in the current range is a waste of resources, since vauxhall are trying to put forward their VXR brand. You will see a proper hot hatch Corsa in the Corsa D with the 1.6 turbo unit as already stated by Auto Express.

Dave
AndyCorsa

1st Sep 04 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the comment from the Auto Express answers the C GSi rumors where its clearly states that the 170 bhp engine was originally set to debut in the current model, but Vauxhall has canned plans to launch a hot version of the existing car, as its production life would be too limited.
Top Gear can GTF!
Robbo

1st Sep 04 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*cough* never gonna happen
Robbo

1st Sep 04 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa C GSi that is ^^^ So many of us have said that for so very long
Paul H

1st Sep 04 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the autoexpress covered corsa d thats so badly shopped i could better
Teddy

1st Sep 04 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right the Corsa GSi - oh where to begin.

The Current Corsa is due to receive its final facelift in 2005 (at somepoint) then in 2006-2007 the D as per the AE pic above will be with us.

Vauxhall had planned to bulid a Corsa C GSi and they looked at two units. Anyone remember the Z20LET factory bulit Corsa at PVS last year?? (2.0 16v Turbo) that done a 13.7?

If Kevin Wale had had full influence then i would have bet they would have tweaked that to go into production but it proved to costly. Then the all new all alloy 1.6 16v Unit with 163bhp was looked at and decided this suited the Corsa much better.

Then this has been canned also to make way for the VXR - Every single model of Vauxhall will have a VXR model inside of three years as promised by Kevin Wale (current MD of Vx) 163bhp is not enough. It wont be quick enough to keep with the likes of the Clio 182 which is whats its being pitched agaist. So its being done and the 1.6 16v Turbo unit tweaked further.

That is as the story goes so far.............

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C GSi ??? any details..... 22 database queries in 0.0166969 seconds