corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Uh Oh!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uh Oh!
Marco The Corsa Man

User status: Offline
   14th Sep 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine in my 1.4 8v spi corsa has started to sound a bit poorley so I decided to get some oil treatment. I undid the filler cap to put it in and noticed a creamy coloured substance on the underside of the cap which wasn't there 4 month ago when I did the service.

This is never good news and usually means water in the oil. The car doesn't smoke but its abit rattley and I havn't really noticed a drop in power.

I'd assume its the head gasket but this is only a 46k mile motor on an 96N, although it does get quite alot of stick.

Does anyone have any more idea's what it could be? or if the rattle is connected?

Cheers.
Meat-Pie-SRI

14th Sep 04 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like head gasket to me too mate
Rainesie

14th Sep 04 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was 43k on a 2000V and the head gasket went.
mike_1.2LS96

14th Sep 04 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the headgasket done before it really goes, it wont need skimming at this point. Shouldn't cost more than £30 in parts.
hopper

14th Sep 04 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

head gasket gone and seems like noisey lifters. its easy do and dont cost loads.
Kris TD

14th Sep 04 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like head gasket, my gf's 55k 1.2 8v did this on friday, do not drive it anymore, it will cause a lot more damage. unlike she did and the engine siezed up!!!!

[Edited on 14-09-2004 by Kris TD]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Uh Oh! 23 database queries in 0.0080438 seconds