corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » arches

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author arches
N90ATH

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 04 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite ppl, i have just purchased some gsi arches and skirts for my corsa b, while i'm fitting these, i am goin to do some arch work, the usal cutting of both metal and plastic and replacin the bolts will be done.
but my wheels rub slightly on the plastci at the mo when goin over large bumpes because my wheels are the wrong offset, and i am worried about it now hitting the cut metal arch once i am finished, i read some were that u can flare the arches by heating them up and then tapping them out with a hammer and block of wood. is this true or is there more to it than that?
N90ATH

23rd Sep 04 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 plz help me
mwg

23rd Sep 04 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is wot Ive done to my rear arches. Ive got 17" ET45 lowered 30mm and mine scrubs even after Ive done this to the rear arches (fronts dont scrub at all):
chopped the metal arch back to just below the bolt holes
flared the metal arch by using a hammer and block of wood
sanded the lip of the plastic arch

I can still hear mine catching a bit so I took the wheels off the other day and looked up the arch and its catching further up the arch on the main body of the car. maybe thinking about persuading it with a hammer?
hope this is of some help even though it might sound brutal but it had to be done!
mwg

23rd Sep 04 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and Ive also chopped back the bolts as far as I could that hold on the plastic arch. I was just thinking and I could be wrong here but I didnt think there was any difference between GSi arches and standard apart from GSi are colour coded
AdiSRI

24th Sep 04 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had the wjole area of the rear3/4 panel bent out and mine still catchs ET45 17's with coilovers.
N90ATH

24th Sep 04 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads

New Poll