corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oil Leak Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil Leak Help
CorsaBlue

User status: Offline
   26th Sep 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the past couple of months i've had an oil leak(s) in my car. I put it off for a bit to try and save up to get it fixed, but now it's got so bad that i'm going to have to take it in for repair. It's making a total mess of our front drive.

Anyway, I'm going to try and find a garage tomorrow to book it in, its an 1997 Corsa Sport. I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it would take to fix, and what the price range would be.

Thanks
mike_1.2LS96

26th Sep 04 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends where the leak is. If its been leaking could be low on oil and if its been running like that for a while, wont do the engine any good.

Might be cheap - rocker cover gaket, sump gasket, or expensive
CorsaBlue

26th Sep 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend had a look at it a few weeks ago and said its the 'sump' and its coming from the gearbox aswell.
Adam-D

26th Sep 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stick some paper under it and try to locate it
impacter

26th Sep 04 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car had oil leak 4 agess. finally realised after months it was the oil switch. they regularly go apparently. cost a couple of quid from vauxhall.

New Poll