corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It's not looking good for my car...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It's not looking good for my car...
RichiesCorsa

User status: Offline
28th Oct 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last week car was overheating badly, fan wasn't kicking in and no hot air through heaters. Checked the thermostat and it seemed stuck shut so tried running it without and the problem just worsened. There was an oil leak already, and where oil was on the engine it now looked diluted with water. So Saturdays task was to change the head gasket and rocker gasket.

Easier said than done. Three of the head bolts rounded off, so it took ages getting them out. So got everything disconnect etc ready for rebuilding it on Sunday morning and Monday night. Managed to get it built back up, went to put coolant into it and it started pissing out somewhere on to the gearbox. Oh dear. Worked on it last night, managed to find the leak (hose was connected but still pissing it out???) and started to put all the bits back on that I'd taken off to get to it.

So, things were looking up, I'd got oil and coolant in it and all that was needed was to start her up. Took a while to get started but it started....only for coolant to piss back out and it was produced a screeching noise. Took the fanbelt off and it quietened down, but thats all I could be arse doing! Gave it a kick and went to bed! Hopefully I'll have time at the weekend to get it sorted! And I'll be in a better mood!
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Oct 04 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jubilee clip on the end of the coolant hose if its leaking from the connector - possibly not a good enough seal or perishing around the tip - mite be worth trimming a cm or so off - then reconnecting and whacking on a jub.clip to properly seal it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » It's not looking good for my car... 22 database queries in 0.0081701 seconds