corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few questions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Few questions...
PaulW

User status: Offline
7th Nov 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not too much really, just wondering on a few things if people know the answers...

first off, how much will it cost to get 2 alloys refurbished. there are a few marks but not kerbing damage. its only scraped saint off but not grooved or damaged the alloy itself. i aint got pics as i'm on my phone in liverpool. finish is black chrome.

also any idea when pvs is next year? i want to get the gsi up to scratch so resprayed and hopefully a few others bits by then so just need to know when i'm aiming for! will be first time i've ever been to a show like that, so actually want to do it right!

idealy i want to get the car lowered about 40mm by then or 60 and all sprayed up nice. but knowing my luck will only manage the respray!

cheers
MarkW

7th Nov 04 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS this year was 6th June - so i'd imagine it'd be around the same time next year
mike_1.2LS96

7th Nov 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

black
PaulW

7th Nov 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car isn't changing color, just having a blow over in original color and laquered. aswell as bumpers arches and skirts smoothed so loose the pepper texture effect.
mike_1.2LS96

7th Nov 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the door handles done aswell
myke

7th Nov 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll struggle to match the black chrome effect to the existing two i reckon, so may be worth while getting the whole set done so they're all the same.
look to pay 25 per wheel.

thought you had a suspension kit sat around doing nothing anyway?
Joff

7th Nov 04 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be hundreds of cars on "show" at PVS. I doubt people will really notice if yours is up to scratch or not.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 04 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and the boot lock.

The big problem with refurbing only two wheels is that they might end up a different colour to the two you don't. Far safer to do all four. I assume you're not talking about the standard GSi wheels having mentioned chrome finish?
Joff

7th Nov 04 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have only two wheels painted, make sure you fit them to one side of the car.

That way people won't be able to distinguish between the two different shades.
PaulW

7th Nov 04 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i wasnt talking about getting the standard wheels done, that would just be silly! was the tornado's i've got as 2 are a bit scratched!

i do have a spax rsx kit in the garage, but apparently it wont go on the gsi because its different with the abs sensors?

will be getting the handles and boot lock surround done aswell!

also i'd rather have the car looking tidy than its current state as its bugging me!
myke

7th Nov 04 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
idealy i want to get the car lowered about 40mm by then or 60 cheers

just fit the springs?

i fitted an apex kit from an sri on my gsi with no problems. maybe the sri had abs too though.
PaulW

7th Nov 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant just fit the springs as the fronts are coilovers so would look daft if it was just down 60 at the rear!

will have a look tho, just few on here said the kit won't fit plus spax said same...

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by PaulW]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Few questions... 22 database queries in 0.0102661 seconds