corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiesta RS Turbo (EX Andy Stocker car)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fiesta RS Turbo (EX Andy Stocker car)
ainsley_brader

User status: Offline
8th Nov 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well some of you may be aware I bought andy's black fiesta from him, so I thought I would continue the story of it as I know a lot of people know the car.

Well I picked it up last wednesday and brought it home where it sat on the trailer until this afternoon when we got round to fitting a new steering rack and track rod ends, the near side track rod end was siezed solid and had probably led to the rack going.

Well the cars booked in for MoT in the morning and having looked under it I suspect it to fail on:
off side wish bone bushes (ordered a new wish bone should be with me tomoz afters)
oil leak? not sure on this one the whole underside of the car is soaked with oil but the levels fine and cant decide where its coming from turbos dry thankfully and looks to be oil filter area so will have to oinvestigate further when i can.
ABS: the off side drive belt and cover are missing and the sensor just dangling (those who dont know the early ford ABS system wont understand this), tester might let this one go on the grounds that the abs is disabled we shall see
and the last thing is some damage to the floor around the rear gearbox cradle mounting!

The last two faults are both related to the gash job done on the gearbox, sorry Andy dont know who fitted it but both rear bellhousing bolts are missing, one rear mount bolt is missing and the floor torn as mentioned, theres a nut missing from the front mount and the missing abs bits as mentioned.

So anyway driving it home, well it differed little from any other rst ive ever driven, not very quick and poor brakes, the suspension however i cant comment on as the tracking is way out (no point doing it til i get the wishbones done) so i wasnt pushing it.
The suspension however is very harsh and crashy but this will be rectified later.
What else well gearbox is noisy as is the clutch release bearing, gearlinkage wants realigning and the tickover is a bit high!

So will wait for the verdict tomorrow, having driven it, it could be the difference between life and death for the rst!

Ainsley

broster
Premium Member

8th Nov 04 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell sounds liek its in mint condition then lol!
Stuckey

8th Nov 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so only a few problems then
modded_corsa

8th Nov 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldnt really fail on an oil leak...

as its only an advisory
Marc

8th Nov 04 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ainsley_brader

not very quick and poor brakes, the suspension however i cant comment on as the tracking is way out (no point doing it til i get the wishbones done) What else well gearbox is noisy as is the clutch release bearing, gearlinkage wants realigning and the tickover is a bit high!

So will wait for the verdict tomorrow, having driven it, it could be the difference between life and death for the rst!

Ainsley

And you bought this car because???

ainsley_brader

8th Nov 04 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because I didn't want to see it stripped for spares although im not an rst fan. I'm sure it will be fine once I get a few niggles sorted!
Mikorsa16v

8th Nov 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh mate, keep ya chin up! it will be nice after scraping your knuckles to get it fixed!
lee mitchell

8th Nov 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The last two faults are both related to the gash job done on the gearbox, sorry Andy dont know who fitted it but both rear bellhousing bolts are missing, one rear mount bolt is missing and the floor torn as mentioned, theres a nut missing from the front mount and the missing abs bits as mentioned.

i fitted the gear box and i was the one who told andy that the floor was torn. its been welded by someone but the welds are broke maybe where mr clutch had the box off before me, otherwise they wouldnt of got the box off. theres a bolt missing of the rear mount as it kept spinning due to the bolt being drilled into the footwell BY SOMEONE ELSE. we never put the belt on the other side because IF u look at the inner cv there are no teeth for the belt to grip onto like the other side. and andy was getting a squeaking noise like a alternator belt he said which i put down to the abs belt slipping as theres nothing for it to grip to.

i would hardly say i am shit at what i do in my spare time, as ive never had any complaints with my conversions. but then again ive only done about 20
bradfincham

8th Nov 04 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a ford for christ sakes! Mate spunked 4k on repairing his in just 18 months!! nightmare!

I was going to say i dont think it was lee's fault as all ive ever heard is good of lee
corb

8th Nov 04 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drove the corsa today lee, cant wait to get it going properly again but its making a proper harsh grinding noise now when i turn right so am gonna get the nova fixed tomorrow(poxy wipers!)

and i VERY much doubt lee did a 'gash job'
lee mitchell

8th Nov 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
drove the corsa today lee, cant wait to get it going properly again but its making a proper harsh grinding noise now when i turn right so am gonna get the nova fixed tomorrow(poxy wipers!)

and i VERY much doubt lee did a 'gash job'
have u got the bearing yet? if so bring it up and will get the brakes back on as theyre cluttering up my garage
corb

8th Nov 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bearing(and c.v.'s) were, and i hope, still are on order and due in at grays soon.Will get my dad to chase the parts on thursday when hes back in.
ainsley_brader

8th Nov 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
quote:

i fitted the gear box and i was the one who told andy that the floor was torn. its been welded by someone but the welds are broke maybe where mr clutch had the box off before me, otherwise they wouldnt of got the box off. theres a bolt missing of the rear mount as it kept spinning due to the bolt being drilled into the footwell BY SOMEONE ELSE. we never put the belt on the other side because IF u look at the inner cv there are no teeth for the belt to grip onto like the other side. and andy was getting a squeaking noise like a alternator belt he said which i put down to the abs belt slipping as theres nothing for it to grip to.

i would hardly say i am shit at what i do in my spare time, as ive never had any complaints with my conversions. but then again ive only done about 20

I never said you were shít, I said the gearbox was badly fitted. The abs belt yes they are a very poor design i agree. However personally I wouldn't have wanted a car leaving my workshop with that rear mounting if i'd just had the gearbox off! Regardless of the car or weather i'd done it or it was like that when it came in.
lee mitchell

8th Nov 04 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so ur not saying im shit ur just saying that i cant fit a gearbox and there was nothing i could do about the rear mount. as i never had a welder at my garage. andy knew the situatuion with it.
ainsley_brader

8th Nov 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not looking for an argument so I suggest you just leave the subject alone
Adam-D

8th Nov 04 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any trim bitd u need?
ask marc d or me we have many fezzie bits going spare
heater matrix heater motor all of the interior including the dash

let me know
ainsley_brader

9th Nov 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it went in for MoT as planned this morning and passed with a minor adjustment to drivers side headlight.
Did however pick up some advises on wishbone and rear gearbox cradle to body mount which i knew about and also a bolt missing from the front subframe which i hadnt noticed.

So all in quite pleased with that
sassyminx

9th Nov 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im looking at getting one of these next, but *hopefully* gunna get a minter of one

good look with your car mate
ainsley_brader

9th Nov 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, depending on how mint a minter your looking for they seem to go up from £2k up to £4.5/5k for a low mileage garaged example!
Ojc

9th Nov 04 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sassyminx
im looking at getting one of these next, but *hopefully* gunna get a minter of one

Jesus Christ you are dumb, you now want a Ford Fiesta RS Turbo the king of blowing up and generally being unrealiable.

The Fiesta will make your Corsa look like a brand new car
jr

9th Nov 04 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything ford and turboed will be unreliable
3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Jesus Christ you are dumb, you now want a Ford Fiesta RS Turbo the king of blowing up and generally being unrealiable.

The Fiesta will make your Corsa look like a brand new car

PMSL
markBezzy

10th Nov 04 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Stuckey

10th Nov 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from a fairly reliable corse ( if fixed )

to a unreliable turbo ford,

have you thought this through?
LukeGSi

10th Nov 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fiesta RS Turbo (EX Andy Stocker car) 22 database queries in 0.0144100 seconds