corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » thinking of selling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author thinking of selling
sim0ng

User status: Offline
9th Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of selling my car, how much do you think I could get for it?

White Corsa B, '94 L reg 1.4 LS 5dr,
100k miles
Sony xplode cd head unit
PiperX panel filter
TSW Apex 17" alloys
Chrome M3 manual ajust exterior mirrors
ProAudio 350W 6x9's in parcel shelf

Most of the stuff will be put back to standard selling, I'm most likely just gonna sell it back on bog standard, how much ya think I could get for it? £1500? more? less? I'm thinking of geting an Astra G next and I have have heard I can get 51 reg for about £3 n a half grand! is that accurate or miles out?
ed

9th Nov 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1000
Biff McFly
Banned

9th Nov 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more like about £500

sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500 :O feck off! gotta be worth more than that
Biff McFly
Banned

9th Nov 04 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sim0ng
£500 :O feck off! gotta be worth more than that

Its 10 years old and not even good model, I picked up a R reg 1.2 VW Polo for the Mrs for £400 a while ago, and sold my 94L GSi with 60k miles 3 years ago for £2200 - its called depreciation

[Edited on 09-11-2004 by henry_corsa]
sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aow! I need lotsa money though! might as well just hang onto it untill its worth nothng at all.
Tis a good runner, new wiper arms and blades front and back, 4 new tyres on the standard wheels, new brake pads, fresh brake fluid ummmm...... I'm not very good at selling things! its gotta be worth more than a grand, I sold my G reg 205 3 months ago for £650!
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Nov 04 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its worth more standard. You did well with the 205. I know someone rallys one regularly picks them up for bits, GTis for £300 etc. Tatty ones admittedly.
sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, i sold it to some kid who'd just passed his test, twas a 1.1 junior, hunk of shit if you ask me, the bonnet had discoloured and so had the roof wi lil bits of paint starting to flake off!
James_DT

9th Nov 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you certainly did well selling it for £650.
Biff McFly
Banned

9th Nov 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
nah, i sold it to some kid who'd just passed his test, twas a 1.1 junior, hunk of shit if you ask me, the bonnet had discoloured and so had the roof wi lil bits of paint starting to flake off!

Well he was obviously stupid!

I personally wouldnt give you any more than £400/£500 for a L reg £100kmile 1.4ls corsa - but then I know I can do alot better for the same money - your going to get as much as someones willing to pay for it, stick up for sale and maybe some mong will give you the asking price...u never know
sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some mong?! lmfao, tis hoy i got mah nickname! lol I'm called si and i been told i alway act like a mong! lol

just took this pic for ya
Biff McFly
Banned

9th Nov 04 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
some mong?! lmfao, tis hoy i got mah nickname! lol I'm called si and i been told i alway act like a mong! lol

just took this pic for ya

Yeah name makes perfect sense

Looks in ok shape from what I see - put it back to std and try to sell to someone just passed there test or an old woman

[Edited on 09-11-2004 by henry_corsa]
sim0ng

9th Nov 04 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only has a tiny lil bitta rust! incredibly clean for the age of it! but maybe its like fords, this kid i went to college with bought a fiesta, thought it was in brill condition and then when he went over it it was completely rusted through but the paint didn't show any blistering or nething like that!
Carl

10th Nov 04 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a 5-door with 100k on the clock plus a few chav mods. Your going to struggle mate id say 600 quid.
Ojc

10th Nov 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
its a 5-door with 100k on the clock plus a few chav mods. Your going to struggle mate id say 600 quid.

Thats what I was going to say.
sim0ng

10th Nov 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chav mods?! :O I can stick it all back to standard quite quickly, only thing is i threw out my old mirrors! or at least I put 'em somewhere I can't remember! lol

seems like I might as well just hang on to it and never sell it if its worth £600, 2 weeks wages! but then again you guys all know your corsas back to front and exactly what ther worth, if I sell it to somebody who hasn't a clue really then they wouldn't know any better as I've seen a K reg corsa in a 2nd hand dealers wi price of £1200 in the window of it, twas the 1 lite 3 cilider aswell! so mines got better access to the back being 3 door so ya don't wrek ya seats, its newer, bigger engine etc, would have thought it would go for more!
3CorsaMeal

10th Nov 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it more a case of not many people wanting to buy them any more, that makes the price low.

think what u can get these days and remember corsa B is a ten year old design now.....a whole decade

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » thinking of selling 22 database queries in 0.0114279 seconds