corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which of these NVIDIA cards is most potent

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which of these NVIDIA cards is most potent
SetH

User status: Online
16th Nov 04 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Geforce 4 Ti 4200 or Quadro FX 1000?
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
16th Nov 04 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first one, but neither are anything special. I have the Ti4800 and i need to upgrade badly.
SetH

16th Nov 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i know they are both pretty old now. Ive got the GF4 in my pc atm, managed to get this quadro Fx from work. Doing a search on the internet the RRP for the quadro FX 1000 is nearly a grand so thought it might be quite potent.
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 04 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooops, i thought you were talking about the mobile quadro. Its quite a powerful thing, but its aimed at professional users for CAD programs like 3D Studio Max. The architecture is quite different from the latest breed of 6 series Geforce cards, but as long as you have a powerful enough system to run along side it, then go for it. Much better than the Ti4200 anyway.
SetH

16th Nov 04 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks m8, i knew it was for CAD programs, but wondered if it would be pretty potent for gaming. Would be sticking it in a p4 2.8
John

16th Nov 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its totally different than a gaming card. It will be crap for games.
SetH

16th Nov 04 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i test it? worth running 3d mark on both cards? would that be an accurate reflection of game performance?
John

16th Nov 04 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say 3dmark was a perfectly good way of seeing what is best. Will most likely mirror what you'll see in games. Post the results up.
Cybermonkey

16th Nov 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes seth it would. And it would be better than your Ti4200 in there at the moment. However i am not sure what compatability would be like with games. You would have to check that out.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » which of these NVIDIA cards is most potent 22 database queries in 0.2396960 seconds