corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v running problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v running problem
philjones86

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was driving to the end of the road, about to turn right, kept the car in second as i always do when its still moving, and the fcuking thing stalled.

Bit embarrassing as i had my girlfriend in the car at the time, but thought o well, and tried to start, but the engine just wouldnt fire up, tried a few times, and was about to tell the missus that she was walking to work!

after playing with the accelerator pedal for a bit it went , abit reluctantly, but it went, and then the revs shot straight up, probably to 4000 or so, and was idling at that.

Obviously was quite tricky driving as had no proper throttle control, but about a mile down the road the problem stopped??

Anyone know what it is, or could have been and what to do about it, cz i dont want it to happen again!!

Cheers
Kerry

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like idle control valve or air flow meter needs cleaning orrrrrrrr throttle is sticking maybe

New Poll