corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats the best CAT 1 alarm system ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats the best CAT 1 alarm system ?
Gregor

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would be the best CAT 1 alarm system , at the best price?

Also how much does it cost to get one fitted?

Cheers
Gregor
Corsa_B1.2

24th Nov 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toad AI606 mate
myaztecorsa

24th Nov 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clifford Concept 600 - or whatever the new version is!
myke

24th Nov 04 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look to pay about £350-400 supply and fit with VSOB certificate.

can't fault reliability of the toad and the lack of false alarms from them, but i'd have a clifford concept 300 over that. upgradability is better, but IMO it's worth it for the extra remote range alone.
myaztecorsa

24th Nov 04 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke

can't fault reliability of the toad and the lack of false alarms from them, but i'd have a clifford concept 300 over that. upgradability is better, but IMO it's worth it for the extra remote range alone.

Concept 300 is £350 I think 600 is £700 - all Cat 1's have free installation as far as I'm aware.

I had a Toad on my first car and it was really good - doesn't compare to the 600 though. Anti-Hijack is THE main reason why I bought it. (Well that and the proximity sensors! )
myke

24th Nov 04 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myaztecorsa
quote:

Concept 300 is £350 I think 600 is £700 - all Cat 1's have free installation as far as I'm aware.

I had a Toad on my first car and it was really good - doesn't compare to the 600 though. Anti-Hijack is THE main reason why I bought it. (Well that and the proximity sensors! )

a category1 alarm could still be sold as a bare product with no installation, but then obviously it's not thatcham approved for insurance purposes becasue the installer has not been verified.
just twigged it's VSIB not ob.

proxy sensors are one of my least favourite noises. ever.
myaztecorsa

24th Nov 04 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by myaztecorsa
quote:

a category1 alarm could still be sold as a bare product with no installation, but then obviously it's not thatcham approved for insurance purposes becasue the installer has not been verified.
just twigged it's VSIB not ob.

proxy sensors are one of my least favourite noises. ever.

Haha they're great at 2 am in a quiet neighbourhood!

Anti-Hijack (when switched on) also invalidates the Cat 1 approval It's the best thing about the alarm IMO.
myke

24th Nov 04 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so does remote start invalidate the certificate.
i never did understand that.
myaztecorsa

24th Nov 04 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure tbh I never bothered with it. I keep my car garaged so it would have become a £250 5 min wonder to show off to my mates etc...

I sorta thought £950 for an alarm for a Corsa was a bit of overkill!
nik

24th Nov 04 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toad
Fad

24th Nov 04 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proxy sensors are an arsehole specially when it rains or you park it near t another car as you alwasy end up disarming it.
The clifford anti hijack is shite IMO as they lock the doors but you cant control it from thwe remote to unluck the doors

Most toads have antihijack and you can
operate it from the remote if you ever need to unlock the doors etc
also i have had several mates with cliffords who swear they are inreliable.

I have one of the earliest toad 200+ (which is basically the Ai606) and its been n my car nearly 5 years with no probs. Deffo toad for reliabilty and peace of mind.
Fad

24th Nov 04 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pardon my typing above i am hungover
myaztecorsa

24th Nov 04 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fadscorsa
proxy sensors are an arsehole specially when it rains or you park it near t another car as you alwasy end up disarming it.
The clifford anti hijack is shite IMO as they lock the doors but you cant control it from thwe remote to unluck the doors

Most toads have antihijack and you can
operate it from the remote if you ever need to unlock the doors etc
also i have had several mates with cliffords who swear they are inreliable.

I have one of the earliest toad 200+ (which is basically the Ai606) and its been n my car nearly 5 years with no probs. Deffo toad for reliabilty and peace of mind.

Really?! I'm quite surprised at this as I the only problem I have had with the Clifford is the bonnet sensor getting rain into it and causing the alarm to go off. Took it back to SQ+ and they fitted a new sensor @ no extra cost and just told me to grease it if it happens again. Been fine ever since.

Also it's usually very rare for the proximity sensors to go off in the rain and if they do, you leave it for a couple of minutes and it re-configures itself.

And finally, the Anti-Hijack doesn't lock the doors - it lets you drive for 20 secs before warning you that you haven't put your code in, then 20 secs later it shuts your engine down and sets the alarm off. You can't remotely switch this off either, you have to put your code in if you want to drive your car again.

Sorry to disagree
Bart

24th Nov 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definatly ToadAi606.
Ive had a clifford Concept 400, and i now have a clifford concept 600 with remote start and window closure.
Whilst that alarm Is better than any other alarm imo, its not as reliable as the Ai606.
Clifford alarms are notorious for going off when they're wet / in the rain/ after you've jet washed the car, they hate it.
Where as the Ai606 is very relliable, and will not play up.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats the best CAT 1 alarm system ? 22 database queries in 0.0139279 seconds