corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BEST induction kit for C20XE

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BEST induction kit for C20XE
Andy GSi

User status: Offline
30th Dec 04 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right my engine is in, just need an induction kit, but need a small stumpy one to fit....which is the best for these engines? had a BFO on my 1.4, sounded loud, want the same noise....should i go for Pipercross?
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you want, noise?

MTech kits come with a cheap universal Green cone filter - I've got a nice new Pipercross induction kit for the XE for sale: £30

You could spend a bit more and get the Viper, but then people would say you're spending too much money, obviously a grand on wheels and then a few more £k on leather seats, ICE, etc is fine in their eyes...

Nic Barnes

30th Dec 04 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

57i i reckon is best. the std air box is the best thing to sue though. dont really like filters them engines
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard airbox isn't going to happen.

57i will clog up three times faster than a foam filter and costs more.
Andy GSi

30th Dec 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
What do you want, noise?

MTech kits come with a cheap universal Green cone filter - I've got a nice new Pipercross induction kit for the XE for sale: £30

You could spend a bit more and get the Viper, but then people would say you're spending too much money, obviously a grand on wheels and then a few more £k on leather seats, ICE, etc is fine in their eyes...

yeah noise, and performance. just want it to sound really meaty! i know these engine roar with standard box on them. any pics of the induction kit ur selling pal?
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just a plain Pipercross induction cone.

Do I REALLY have to go into the garage to get a pic?
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine's loud with a Viper- not OTT but a nice note when under acceleration.

An open cone will scream
myke

30th Dec 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheap is best IMO.
apart from the enclosed ones (BMC i'd get)
i prefer cotton ones to foam ones, but the main factor when i got mine was cost.
£25 in pvd sale for green cotton one.
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Green cotton ones are worth £5. They're universal.

Actually, I've got one of those for sale too same as PVD had.. not sure where I found it
Andy GSi

30th Dec 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah few ppl have the grenn one! and joff...no its alright i know what one looks like how much p&p?
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
i prefer cotton ones to foam ones

Then you'll need to be cleaning the cotton-gauze filter more times than you take you're engine apart!
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andysri
yeah few ppl have the grenn one! and joff...no its alright i know what one looks like how much p&p?

fiver
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to go out anyway

corsa120

30th Dec 04 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

foam ones deffo make the more noise

tbh reason most ppl arent willing to spend 250 on filter but will on a bumper is because the bumper is worth so much more, end of the day u could use any filter with any engine, take away the noise and u would not notice anything if u did not no filters had been changed, grey area though
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bumpers are worth pence - the fibreglass copies being sold out the back of a van at shows like Donny are testament to this.

A filter will actually (or at least, should) protect your engine first and give good airflow second.
Unless people feel engines are an expendable casualty in their quest for modifying.
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it any surprise that dealers love it when they get a warranty claim in, only to find the customer has fitted an induction kit? If people are fitted half of the filters on the market to their cars then I really wouldn't want to honor warranty on the engine.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Dec 04 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when people pay for a fibreglass bumper they are being ripped off at least X10 of wat the thing is worth
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
when people pay for a fibreglass bumper they are being ripped off at least X10 of wat the thing is worth

You could shine a light through the fibreglass of some of the kits I've sold - and these were from manufacturers, not backstreet copies.

The PUR parts from Steinmetz fitted scarily well. I love them almost as much as Painz loves Irmscher.
Steve
Premium Member

30th Dec 04 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the majority of stuff on my old corsa was plastic reiger stuff, (although daimo told me it was fibreglass ) fitted an absolute peach, i would never stick fibreglass on my car

[Edited on 30-12-2004 by GSiSteve]
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
the majority of stuff on my old corsa was plastic reiger stuff, (although daimo told me it was fibreglass ) fitted an absolute peach, i would never stick fibreglass on my car

Bless him
corsa120

30th Dec 04 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a example could be and exhaust or anything, i know bumpers are worth nothing but equally so is the vipor filter mine was crap all the cold air feed cracked so eventually was not cold air feed, carbon looks cheap and they maybe now but never used to be anodised there coated in some crap red paint

plus look at a vipor inside and hold it up to light the layer of foam is incredibly thin, nowhere near as protective as a standard gm filter in the box
Steve
Premium Member

30th Dec 04 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most things you buy these days are a rip off, but the mark up on a fibreglass kit compared to an exhaust is still far far more, i have friends in the business at one of the largest mail order places for car stuff
Joff

30th Dec 04 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
just a example could be and exhaust or anything, i know bumpers are worth nothing but equally so is the vipor filter mine was crap all the cold air feed cracked so eventually was not cold air feed, carbon looks cheap and they maybe now but never used to be anodised there coated in some crap red paint

Cold airfeeds used to be a cardboard tube, now they're a wire reinforced tube as the cardboard ones disintegrated (we always supply replacments though).
Never was anodised, was always powder coated.
Carbon was originally sourced in the UK, now most of it is imported and the quality is amazing.
Pop over and you'll see

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
plus look at a vipor inside and hold it up to light the layer of foam is incredibly thin, nowhere near as protective as a standard gm filter in the box

WTF are you on about now how can you guage the filtration of any medium by how much light you can see through it!
The filtration difference between OE paper and a Viper's foam is 2% of the smallest micron particles - the same as K&N, the same as BMC, Ramair/Raid, JR/Jetex, Green, etc.

Whilst filtration is fractionally worse, airflow (or more specifically change in pressure) is twice as good as paper and at the same dirt load, cotton-gauze would have clogged and given up a long time ago

Pipercross foam out performs the best cotton or paper filters - fact.

TOMAS

30th Dec 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff do you work for Pipercross
corsa120

30th Dec 04 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only way car can gain power and response etc is to have things like the filter less restrictive which in turn allows more shit into the engine its only way it can work without having no filter at all

looking through foam is not a judge of its filtration just a visual inspection of the thickness of foam, hence why there not as good and same goes for all filter im not aiming this at the vipor

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BEST induction kit for C20XE 22 database queries in 0.0142550 seconds