corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Half Life 2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Half Life 2
fiestakidda

User status: Offline
1st Jan 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just got Half Life 2 off Ebay but whne i've gone to play it the serial key DOESN'T work.

Is there anyway i can ger around this or does anyone know if there is a download out there that will get me around this.

Any help would be great
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that i know of.

you see with halflife 2 you register your cdkey to a username because you use steam.. if the person you have bought it off has already registered it you are pretty much fucked..

Dean_H

1st Jan 05 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ yep if hes registered his cd key on his own steam account theres nothing you can do....
smack

1st Jan 05 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if you went to cdkey.com or one of those sites and got a key?, would it still not work for him?
dj_mikey_k

1st Jan 05 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no not at all, as was said when you install HL2 you install certain files that are locked and can only be unlocked via steam. so if the fella has used the cd key you are basically screwed as valve have taken the approach 1 cd key per steam account and once the cd key is entered then it is locked to that account, mail address etc etc
Dean_H

1st Jan 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fiesta.... email him asking for his steam username and password, then you will have to change the password so he cant access it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_H
fiesta.... email him asking for his steam username and password, then you will have to change the password so he cant access it.

yes try that. if you can activate other games the way you do HL2 chances are you wont get it from him, but i dont think anyother valve games (or games that use steam) make you do this..

ajscorsa

1st Jan 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do it so u cant dowlnaod it
James_DT

1st Jan 05 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except you can.
I have the legal version, but I downloaded something that *ahem* modified it to run without Steam OR the CD.
It still runs through Steam when I need it to work online too. Best of both worlds.
Can't be done my fucking arse.
Paul_J

1st Jan 05 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh you can download something that doesn't require you to use steam online - however this limits you to offline only.

I personally bought it though.
Joff

1st Jan 05 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For online play, I'd always get the retail copy.

For offline, who GAF about copyright. MWAHAHA

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Half Life 2 22 database queries in 0.0120461 seconds