corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Opinions on planned install please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Opinions on planned install please
SRi_Chris

User status: Offline
15th Jan 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right! After saving long and hard, I'm just about ready to buy the parts for planned install. I'm dont need anything stupidly loud, its really quality I'm after.
I already have a sub, amp and headunit from old install in corsa. This will be going in my new paxo!

Front:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=377
running from Blackbox 1 I already have.

Rear:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=762
running from headunit

Boot:
Vibe CBR12 running from another Blackbox 1.

Headunit:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2381 - already in car.

Few questions I have to ask:
1) Will i need to up the power in my car - new battery, powercap?
2) Type of wiring kit needed - been told 4 gauge should be plenty.
3) Sound deadening! Will it be worth laying it. Not something I really want to do, but if its going to make a huge difference then I will certainly look into it.
4) dB?

Opinions?
cushdeeboy

15th Jan 05 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) A new upgraded Battery would be best
2)4 Gauge is fine..
3)Sound deadening will improve the sound of the system i.e Bass notes will not rattle the car to bits, but it is not necessary
4)lol no idea...
opinion... nice all round setup if ur not going for "Very Loud" systems.. should sound sweet..
big_al

16th Jan 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv never seen a vibe rattle the car to bits maybe a pair of 15DD that would rattle it but not a vibe
AdiSRI

16th Jan 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt say a 12" vibe sub was sound quality either tho....

If your after quality musical sound over sheer low end bass, much better off with a couple of JL 8W3 or similar, will be far more SQ

New Poll